Proof That Seventies Soul Is Superior To Sixties Soul

ITS THE PRODUCTION OR LACK OF IT THAT MAKES ALOT OF SIXTIES DISCS THE BOLLOCKS ,COLLECT BOTH OFCOURSE BUT WILL ALWAYS LEAN TOWARDS THE 6TS .

BAZ A.

the words right out my mouth 6Ts...less production,more raw,less refined...6T,s every time :thumbsup: music of

the gods shades.gif

Social source share

• Replies 60
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

"Loco In Acapulco"

Do you think this would be out of place at a local Soul Do' , is it too pop ,I think its a great Happy sounding tune,always lifts me up if I feel down,would the Soul Police frown upon it ??

Bazza

if this was played,i personally think LYNCHED!!!would be more than likely

followed by laughter then closure :thumbsup:

Social source share

if this was played,i personally think LYNCHED!!!would be more than likely

followed by laughter then closure yes.gif

Erm I dont know if he would want to be reminded but I do remember Adam playing Loco at the Oddfellows around 1984 when Buster came out. And yes there were lots of slack jaws amongst the non gum chewing fraternity. :thumbsup:

Social source share

"Whoever you imagine this "good authority" to be, you're obviously hearing voices that aren't actually there. I suggest you seek urgent treatment - and while you're at it get some of that "dead wax" out of your ears!"

I may have inadvertently in my choice of modern soul fans given the impression that as a whole I considered them to be sociopaths out of touch with reality and lacking a sense of humour. I can now see from Mel's reply that I was wrong and I apologise.

However, I have noticed that the last two letters of Steve Plumb's surname can be interpreted as standing for Murderous Bastard. I've read the Da Vinci Code and even if Mr.Plumb can prove Im at error in this deduction that trace of doubt must linger. Coupled with Arthur Fenn, the Noxious Ninja I am beginning to see a pattern emerging, with the help of the mushrooms, that bears further investigation.

As a warm fuzzy 60's fan I would point out that last two letters of my own surname, Shard, undoubtably stand for Rogering Debbie, a much more enjoyable experience than the alternate David or Derek.

Yet again conclusive proof I feel that the 60's was here before the 70's unless you're travelling backwards in time like that judge on the X-files who was accused of murdering his wife but it was that Mexican hoodlum who'd done it to get back at the judge for sending the Mexican's brother to jail where he unfortunately committed suicide. A classic if slightly irrelevant for the purposes of this post.

ROD

Social source share

I have it on good authority that Pol Pot, Martin Bormann, Attila the Hun and Doctor Crippen were all modern soul fans, whilst St. Francis of Assissi, Mother Theresa, Albert Schweitzer and the Duke of Wellington preferred the sounds of the 60's.

I don't think you can argue with that and hopefully this concludes any further debate.

Thank you

ROD

I think that Duke of Wellington is now viewed by history, less as a national hero, more a mass murderer.

Your case is somewhat flawed.

Social source share

I had no idea that Wellington's reputation had been sullied in this manner. Without his military genius we'd be listening to Sacha Distel and watching Jerry Lewis films with French subtitles. Actually no; we'd be listening to oompah bands and watching Italian films with German subtitles cos we woulda surrended in 1940.

You are no student of History,Sirrah, and you failed to mention carpets so it's your argument that's floored.

ROD

Social source share

I had no idea that Wellington's reputation had been sullied in this manner. Without his military genius we'd be listening to Sacha Distel and watching Jerry Lewis films with French subtitles. Actually no; we'd be listening to oompah bands and watching Italian films with German subtitles cos we woulda surrended in 1940.

You are no student of History,Sirrah, and you failed to mention carpets so it's your argument that's floored.

ROD

If we would have had to surrender to the enemy during those dark days , I wouldn't have minded having to listen to the oompah bands , but I would have had to draw the line at having to wear those leather shorts ...... :yes:

Malc Burton

THE CORNER POCKET

@ THE MAJESTIC SUITE , MEXBOROUGH , SOUTH YORKSHIRE

BACK ON SATURDAY APRIL 21ST

GUEST DJ - SEAN HAMPSEY

INFO : MALC BURTON 07748 378275 / e-mail : burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk

Social source share

Hi John .....

Agreed , but it has to be 10" picture sleeve copy , containing the Trevor Horn , 26 minute remix , pressed only for the Falklands market ......

Malc Burton

ah, the Falklands market. It wasn't the only thing that appeared to be pressed for that niche - the second time I was down there, the bargain bin was full of 'Motor City' 12's/LP's :thumbsup:

Social source share

I think that Duke of Wellington is now viewed by history, less as a national hero, more a mass murderer.

Your case is somewhat flawed.

No, it's not, it's still heroical. A great pub steeped with musical history - soul doos in the 60s and 70s (and again in recent years). One of Lincolns finest - with Black Sheep on draught, a great place to watch the match this weekend :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert