Aurora alerts going through the roof for tonight.

1 hour ago, Woodbutcher said:

In case anyone's interested the flaring from the enormous sunspot I've been imaging has thrown a lot of stuff in our direction , and the storm arrived a short while ago and looks great for views of the aurora pretty much UK wide , weather permitting of course.

Here's hoping you have clear skies.

aurora210-5-24.thumb.png.0642397a2dd8abc71c0257b556aa0785.png

aurora10-5-24.thumb.png.3d232bfd0858bf141914a37b1306db34.png

amazing....

Social source share

Words fail me , an astronomical event occurs as forecast , under clear skies , and what a show it was too ... :hypo:

I've caught hints of the aurora in the northern horizon once or twice , but to see it stretching beyond the zenith and to the south of me , naked eye here in Suffolk ..... !

Apologies to those who missed out , you're going to be fed up to the back teeth of seeing it plastered over every platform imagiable for the next few days ... :rolleyes:

Had a few issues photo-wise here , I'm out of practice messing about in the middle of a field in the dark with the camera not tethered to a laptop. In such a rush to get shooting with the display reaching right across the sky from West to East that I clonked the focus ring when panning about , caught the lights though which is what mattered to me ... :thumbsup:

Just ploughing through a couple of hundred CR3. files that the EOS 90D chucked out as I forgot to shoot in combo mode , but the inbuilt intervalometer was a godsend.

Will post up an animation/movie of all the better shots when the processing's done , in the meantime the Sun's about to appear so time to get shooting again before the monster spot disappears .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!