Tony Clayton's Record Collection

I was discussing TC with my friend Preacher Man; real name Paul, he's a retired pastor, last Wednesday. 

Anyway, probably done before, but does anyone know what happened to his record collection? There must have been some decent stuff in there as, as we all know he bought Nev's collection.

Thanks

Peter

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

4 hours ago, Peter99 said:

I was discussing TC with my friend Preacher Man; real name Paul, he's a retired pastor, last Wednesday. 

Anyway, probably done before, but does anyone know what happened to his record collection? There must have been some decent stuff in there as, as we all know he bought Nev's collection.

Thanks

Peter

Hope you and Ace are well Peter...👍

Did the Vicar have any records(of so to speak) before he purchased Nev's collection...?

Social source share

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Mgm 1251 said:

Hope you and Ace are well Peter...👍

Did the Vicar have any records(of so to speak) before he purchased Nev's collection...?

Hi Eddie

We are both well, thank you. I hope all is well with you and yours.

From memory, and I was very young at that time (☺️), I certainly think he was collecting and had some records. I also think that he was dj'ing too, although not headlining anywhere. The purchase of Nev's collection would have been a significant addition. I'm really happy to be corrected on any of that but he was certainly known at the time.

All the best my friend, I hope you have a good week.

Peter

🙂

Thanks for everyone's contributions so far; I don't want to run out of likes! 

Peter

🙂

Edited by Peter99
error
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

19 hours ago, Russoul1 said:

Yes landed up in Peterborough, was sold off by Darren brown, luckily brought a few uk nr mint demos, but was a shame to see it broken up...believe what sold, in excess of £200k 

Wow, that's a nice sum - into his estate. I don't think he had any children. It's more than I thought it would fetch, but what do I know.

Thanks Russ.

Peter

🙂

Social source share

14 hours ago, Davey S said:

At the time it was just accepted that he had everything. 

Mm, I'm not sure about that, unless of course you mean just 60's Davey. 🙂 (I apologise if I've got your name wrong - I'm assuming that Davey is your first name - it's my second name!). 

I don't think he was into anything newer than very early 70's. I don't recall him ever playing anything other than big, well known 60's records. 

Peter

🙂

Social source share

Ok I'd say we have reached a point in this discussion where due to the discussion of criminal convictions by the person, action is needed

Google does take you to newspaper reports if you do wish for further info, as have no real wish to host further discussion on this or similar matters the topic is now closed

Social source share