Connie Questell unknown tracks

Hi folks, just looking at a Connie Questell Discography >>HERE<< and noticed they have (see below) two entries with unknown titles.

Aware of the three Decca 45's she had issued, but I never knew there were other tracks... looks like there are two sessions here going by the dates, the second of which included the songs, 'Don't let it break your heart' and 'Tell me what to do' which came out Decca 31986 and 31783, and then the two unknown tracks with the date 2/4/1965, which this Discography refers to as the recording date.

Just my luck they are known and covered up! but love to find out if anybody knows about these two tracks?

------------------

Company Matrix No.Size First Recording Date Title Primary Performer Description RoleAudio

Decca 115700 - 2/16/1965 - Give up girl - Connie Questell vocalist 

Decca 115701 - 2/16/1965 - Straighten up - Connie Questell vocalist 

Decca 115702 - 2/16/1965 - World of trouble - Connie Questell vocalist 

Decca 115703 - 2/16/1965 - The girl can't take it - Connie Questell vocalist 

Decca NA 13262 - 2/4/1965 - Don't let it break your heart - Connie Questell vocalist 

Decca NA 13263 - 2/4/1965 - Tell me what to do - Connie Questell vocalist 

Decca NA 13264 2/4/1965 [Unknown title(s) Connie Questell vocalist 

Decca NA 13265 2/4/1965 [Unknown title(s) Connie Questell vocalist 

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 11.05.18.png

Social source share

43 minutes ago, Mal C said:

Just my luck they are known and covered up! but love to find out if anybody knows about these two tracks?

Decca NA 13264 2/4/1965 [Unknown title(s) Connie Questell vocalist 

Decca NA 13265 2/4/1965 [Unknown title(s) Connie Questell vocalist 

I wanna know

Soldier Boy

stranger things have been known 🙂

Edited by Simon T
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

I had no idea this was spun in the 8ts, that’s really good to know Alan.

Not much feedback on these two, I can't find any other conformation of these two tracks, only in this Discography, I'll keep looking, I did send the creators of this Discography an email, they are UC Santa Barbara Library, but got a response saying they could not reply to individual requests 😞

They have an interesting site for sure... anyhow if anybody can add anything to this...

Social source share

Hi Mal,

You can download and listen to a good 90 minute interview with Connie and her husband, they were both in groups as teenagers. She tells you about her early group and solo recordings and the whole interview is built around life in The Bronx. I enjoyed listening to it.

https://research.library.fordham.edu/baahp_oralhist/191/

Edited by Alan T
Social source share

I wonder if I might be able to beat a path to them via Fordham research, although the interview is pretty old now...

So as a bit of Wednesday afternoon fun, I've had a few folks get in touch on PM to say is it the same singer as 'I wanna know'?  which I dismissed, but you know what, if you listen to 'Give up Girl' or "Tell Me What To Do" and 'I wanna know' there are simularities in the way the singer/s hold a note... most of Connies are mid tempo at best, so it's really hard to compare that way, but its real close 😉

Social source share

ive made contact with Connie and will be speaking to her next week, turns out Jordan wilson spoke to her a few years back, I wonder if he was aware of therse two tracks?  I'll find out.

Malc

• Up vote 2
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Benji, they are simply listed in a discography I found, and that listing states they were songs recorded in one of two sessions connie did, but no titles as you can see.... who knows...

I'll ask Connie next week

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!