Roy Hamilton reach out for me

Jm’s has listed this 45,I always knew it as an lp track but not as a 45! I did see an orange Philippines 45 some time ago and thought it was some kind of reissue some years after the actual release,anyway, this white rca 45 listed,am I reading correct that it is a 1960’s release and is the orange 45 a reissue?

what a superb version of the tune,certainly my fave,and what a great 45 to own too!

Social source share

33 minutes ago, Mal C said:

this one 🙂 I think this is not a reissue, but I dont know that 100%

Rare Collectable & Soulful - Vol. 2.jpg

Jm’s suggest it is a reissue put out after Roy’s death in 69? Where as the white rca 45 is 1966?

Social source share

I met some chap at Pete Smith's house a few years back, he was from Wolverhampton but had lived out there years, he would know this immediately. I'll ping Pete, see if I can an answer...

I can see the post you put up with the demo, I'd say you were right about that being 66...  so the above is a re-issue?  RCA did lots of reissues on Orange RCA here didnt they,  Crackin Up, being the most known... commerial companies like to replicate work / products over across different territories, it makes for good business on the whole, it is logical RCA out there would have done the same... ?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hard to guess on release date as those numbers are taken from the album. I would say John is right that it's a posthumous release within a year or so of 1969.

T 1966
P Popular
R 12" 33 1/3rpm
M Mono
S1.6 = Side 1 Track 6

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!