Sandi Sheldon Second Issue on Ebay Current $316.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/355515520447?mkevt=1&plmtId=1110100102&mesgId=3041&mkpid=0&emsid=enull.m161560.l174179&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid&bu=43136961229&trkId=a75cec28-3a84-4f89-8053-5043e8f1b25c&cnvId=a7fb74a1-c76a-4a5d-81a4-a4efd73d9c0c&osub=-1~1&crd=20240311042305&segname&recoId=355515520447&recoPos=6

It is a shame that this seller has not decalared that this is a second issue. He has a 100% record and has some great records but when the winner of this finds out what they have bought he is very likely to lose it.

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Spook said:

On his Al McCarther he puts :

rare orig. press w/ machine stamped matrix;

He must know the SS is a 2nd issue.

He knows alright, he used to be one of the buyers for one of the big ebay sellers, it was either paperstax or carolinasoul one of the two

Social source share

30 minutes ago, Julianb said:

He does state 'very likely a second press etc' as the bottom of his description page.

Probably someone has already told him in not a real one ( if he didn't already know🤔)!

Yeah I told him after I put an early bid on it and then retracted it,he was decent about it,I told him it was a 70’s reissue not a true 60’s release,he didn’t know himself,but I would have thought he would have now stated it’s a reissue not an original! 

Social source share

5 hours ago, Okehdownsouth said:

The problem with that is that biddrrs using auto bid or snipe tools may not have seen the change. He should end it and relist.

Totally agree, bidders using snipe tools put in their secret bids a while ago then he alters description. Recipe for disaster 😒

Social source share

The way I understand it you can edit an auction text only when no bid is placed on it. He had added the bit about it being a 2nd issue very early in the timeline of the auction so maybe even before the first bid was placed?

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Okehdownsouth said:

He sent me a message last night saying that he had cancelled the sale. I hope that he is telling the truth!

The listing's still there at 07:45 , sitting at $551.00. 

Edited by Woodbutcher
Social source share

22 minutes ago, Steve G said:

There are a lot of people who have come onto the scene in the last 20-30 years that simply don't have the knowledge or the history. Pop up DJs.  

Very true Steve , but given the amount of information they now have literally at their fingertips then there's no excuse for them getting those fingers burnt once in a while , just sheer laziness as far as doing a little simple research is concerned.

2 minutes ago, Okehdownsouth said:

Unfortunately this is very true and it makes it far too easy for the unscupulous to make a lot of money by selling fakes, boots and reissues as originals.

Only from the lazy wannabees that can't be arsed to do a little research ... :rolleyes:

• Up vote 3
Social source share

He told me that he would inform the buyer that it was a reissue. I told him that if he didn;yt I would put a $3k bid on it and then complain to ebay so he said that he would cancle the sale.

All I can say is that I hope that he has.

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Okehdownsouth said:

He told me that he would inform the buyer that it was a reissue. I told him that if he didn;yt I would put a $3k bid on it and then complain to ebay so he said that he would cancle the sale.

All I can say is that I hope that he has.

Doesn't look that way , but I can't be arsed to log in and look at the bidding ... :rolleyes:

Social source share

1 hour ago, Woodbutcher said:

I find it hard to believe that there's anyone buying records on this 'scene' in 2024 that doesn't know the difference between a 'large 45' and 'small 45' Okeh single , it's one of the first things you learn when starting out ... :ohmy:

Thought the same yesterday when I saw this thread, do not like to see anyone getting taken in but the Info is out there now and parting with that sort of cash even more important you check out sites such as this before bidding.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Okehdownsouth said:

Unfortunately this is very true and it makes it far too easy for the unscupulous to make a lot of money by selling fakes, boots and reissues as originals.

I still do my homework when spending a tenner, must be stupid to spend £500 and not do anything and simply trust the seller. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

There is another on sale now, different seller, starting bids at 250 (two bids already received). Its exaclty same the same thing, but no mention of 70s reissue / boot or anything. just same as the other "VERY RARE with machine stamped matrix numbers on runout,"  This time from a UK seller. https://bit.ly/3VfnPqT  

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Jonko said:

There is another on sale now, different seller, starting bids at 250 (two bids already received). Its exaclty same the same thing, but no mention of 70s reissue / boot or anything. just same as the other "VERY RARE with machine stamped matrix numbers on runout,"  This time from a UK seller. https://bit.ly/3VfnPqT  

And everybody knocks the postal service.

This must be the quickest "Buy , realise your mistake , take delivery of , and relist in a vain attempt to claw some losses back" ever recorded ... :lol:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

That new listers other items descriptions are great ... :rolleyes:

He's got a 1983 released demo that he bought from Wigan in 1979 ... :facepalm:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176275651237?itmmeta=01HRS6Z866PN1800633CDNWJXV&hash=item290ad8faa5:g:rysAAOSwp6ZfSBQP

That's a bleedin' joke. He must think people are stupid!! Not even a northern soul record, he could have "tried a little harder"!

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Jonko said:

That's a bleedin' joke. He must think people are stupid!! Not even a northern soul record, he could have "tried a little harder"!

I think he went to Wigan once in '79 , got off his tits and kippered right up by some unscrupulous dealers.

It's just taken him 45 years to pluck up the courage to show his face again ... :rolleyes:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Shinehead said:

Looks like someone has drawn round the Okeh logo with a black felt tip on this latest copy ?.

It does indeed, Either that he has a special filter that picks out the logo. You would think that if someone has drawn around it that he would have the decency to actually say so!

Social source share

19 minutes ago, Jonko said:

It does indeed, Either that he has a special filter that picks out the logo. You would think that if someone has drawn around it that he would have the decency to actually say so!

Looks like felt tip to me, looks like the other side has had the same treatment but made a f**k of that side and did better the second time on the other side.

My eyes are not what they were though.

Edited by Shinehead
Social source share

1 minute ago, Ian Parker said:

the uk seller has added to his listing  "i think is a 70s reissue" 

Lets hope he tells the two people who have bid on it so far directly so they have a chance to withdraw their bids if they want.

Social source share

2 hours ago, Chalky said:

I still do my homework when spending a tenner, must be stupid to spend £500 and not do anything and simply trust the seller. 

We both know they are. More money than sense. 

Social source share

2 hours ago, Jonko said:

That ebay 45 is the same as one of two I sold on Soul source in December with the felt pen around the OKEH and slight label peel by the O in Okeh.. It then sold on Ebay on 7th March for £51 and as Jonko has put the buyer now has it for sale on ebay starting at £250. !!!!

Edited by Spook
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

14 minutes ago, Spook said:

That ebay 45 is the same as one of two I sold on Soul source in December with the felt pen around the OKEH and slight label peel by the O in Okeh.. It then sold on Ebay on 7th March for £51 and as Jonko has put the buyer now has it for sale on ebay starting at £250. !!!!

Oh yes I remember reading that post. I was surprised to even see them sell at £55 to be honest especially the one drawn on. Is it the same guy who bought it of you who is selling it now?

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Jonko said:

Oh yes I remember reading that post. I was surprised to even see them sell at £55 to be honest especially the one drawn on. Is it the same guy who bought it of you who is selling it now?

I dont know, I doubt it as he is a reputable seller and bought both my copies.

I assume my buyer sold it to somebody who has then sold it on ebay  (end 7th March). The buyer from then dandt546  has it listed at the higher price .

Social source share

Does this mean that it is down to the same few of us to spend the next week emailing the seller and calling him out and sending complaints to eBay again or is someone else going to have a go and help out as well?

The more people who bombard him and ebay the more chance there is of stopping these crooks.

Social source share

5 hours ago, Okehdownsouth said:

Does this mean that it is down to the same few of us to spend the next week emailing the seller and calling him out and sending complaints to eBay again or is someone else going to have a go and help out as well?

The more people who bombard him and ebay the more chance there is of stopping these crooks.

Just sent him a message, I'll wait and see if he responds 

Social source share

21 minutes ago, Happy Feet said:

Just sent him a message, I'll wait and see if he responds 

1st response ,

And ?? Take a look at the photo attached this sold yesterday for over £400 I started mine a lot lower than that AND TRY TAKING A LOOK I'VE ADDED TO THE DESCRIPTION THAT ITS A 70'S REISSUE BUT THEN ANYONE BIDDING ON IT WILL KNOW THAT WITHOUT YOU INPUT !!!!! .end Quote 

2nd response , 

Shows how much you know ! Discogs as this listed at £800 , this copy as sold for £400 3 times in last 12 months , the original sold for £880 last year , I actually didn't know about the big 45 until mentioned it , by the way I paid £200 for this so it's worth what I've got it listed for .end quote 

So he bought it for to much so that justifies his starting price simple really .

Social source share

22 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

1st response ,

And ?? Take a look at the photo attached this sold yesterday for over £400 I started mine a lot lower than that AND TRY TAKING A LOOK I'VE ADDED TO THE DESCRIPTION THAT ITS A 70'S REISSUE BUT THEN ANYONE BIDDING ON IT WILL KNOW THAT WITHOUT YOU INPUT !!!!! .end Quote 

2nd response , 

Shows how much you know ! Discogs as this listed at £800 , this copy as sold for £400 3 times in last 12 months , the original sold for £880 last year , I actually didn't know about the big 45 until mentioned it , by the way I paid £200 for this so it's worth what I've got it listed for .end quote 

So he bought it for to much so that justifies his starting price simple really .

I don't know where he gets it from that this version is listed for £800 in DS? There is one mint copy listed (this small 45 version) for £150. He sounds nuts to me!

I see he has ended the listing now and re-listed it at £100 with 70s reissue in the description.. The Ebay police triumph again!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Jonko said:

I see he has ended the listing now and re-listed it at £100 with 70s reissue in the description.. The Ebay police triumph again!

Not worth that with the felt tip outline on the logo , hope he gets stuck with it.

Social source share

32 minutes ago, Jonko said:

I don't know where he gets it from that this version is listed for £800 in DS? There is one mint copy listed (this small 45 version) for £150. He sounds nuts to me!

Yes I sent another message this morning at 7-30 am , confirming what you have just wrote , and he didn't respond verbally but glad he got the message, nothing nasty just pointed out the facts and that I thought he was a chancer .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!