Bobby Womack-not Yet Coverted

Just read the tread about the Bobby and Patti LaBelle track and also remember recently someone on another tread said he just didn't get all the fuss about Womack. So lets convert all the non-believers :thumbsup:

A one artist tread could be thin but in this case I sujest not. Let be having you fav tracks, sound files, and memories of see him, hearing tracks played out etc.

Let the conversion begin. God with a guitar on one hand, and a man with a dark side.

I'll kick it off with a few tracks

Social source share

• Replies 143
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Bobby's probably my all time fave Soul man , here's a personal fave ""Only Survivor " from his " So many rivers " set on MCA . Probably one of only a few Soul records to feature a banjo , saw him sing this live at Hammersmith Odeon 1985 - unforgettable !!! Best ,Eddie

Mp3 deleted.

Edited by CUNNIE
Social source share

Bobby's probably my all time fave Soul man , here's a personal fave ""Only Survivor " from his " So many rivers " set on MCA . Probably one of only a few Soul records to feature a banjo , saw him sing this live at Hammersmith Odeon 1985 - unforgettable !!! Best ,Eddie

Love the lyrics to this - so melancholy. Great piece of music!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest niceonecyril

Breezin':Gabor Szabo & Bobby Womack

Home Is Where The Heart Is mid 7ts cbs

How Could You Break My Heart 1979 arista

Social source share

So Many Class Tunes from the Man!

UP THERE for me has to be - Give It Up, Something For My Head, How Could You Break My Heart. etc, etc, But the best track IMHO has to be the sublime "I'm Through Trying To Prove My Love For You" taken of the Facts of Life album.................Pure Class and then some!

Bully! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Something for my head - bobby womack - columbia

16110 refosoul

I'd not heard this until recently when Sean Hampsey brought it to my attention - as opposed to the Prince Philip Mitchell version - I agree with Sean - Bobby's version is superior.

Good thread Dave!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

I Honestly Love You - bobby womack - arista

16117 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

..the stunning (imho) flip to "How Could You Break My Heart"

steve

If I remember rightly both of these tracks were on the "Roads of Life" LP which I got rid of a few years ago ( big mistake). Top drawer stuff and, in my opinion, an artist that has a body of work that most people should find something in to enjoy.

I saw him at the International in Manchester in the early 90's - probably about 300 in attendance. They literally had to drag him from the stage at about 1.00am in the morning after 3 hours of his full repertoire. Possibly the best gig I have been to!

Social source share

Guest Darks

More Than I Can Stand - bobby womack - minit

Love Bobby in this mood I do! yes.gif

steve

Fcking brilliant, but prefer the live version (just) with "the preacher" bit first.

If I was to chose one and sadly I can't up load it, it would be "Take Me" on UK Minit. Awesome "crossover".

Great thread. I of course, have others but gotta work.

Regards Alan

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

suprised no mention of 'Across 110th Street' and 'Trust Me' ....oh and 'Tried & Convicted' sorry no soundbites !!

Chris M

Social source share

Another Stafford fav

Trying to get over you - bobby womack - beverly glen

16102 refosoul

Sorry Dave i posted this up after you, did`t see it in my rush to covert the non belivers biggrin.gif

Social source share

suprised no mention of 'Across 110th Street' and 'Trust Me' ....oh and 'Tried & Convicted' sorry no soundbites !!

Chris M

Love TRUST ME,needs playing at more adventurous nites!!!.

Also lovin still,,,,,DAYLIGHT.

SORRY GOT NO SOUNBITES,,,SOMEONE HELP ME OUT unsure.gif

Social source share

For anyone who has`nt got the " best of the poets " cd , its a fantastic triple comp of the poets lp`s & also has a third cd of studio stuff & different takes on a number of tracks, some great solo stuff of bobby just playing guitar or singing at the piano.

Highly reccommened thumbsup.gif

post-1745-1173803562.jpg

Social source share

Hmm! got that wrong! how do ya take out attatchments? should have done the refo thingy! :thumbsup:

:wicked::lol::lol: ............ its easy whistling.gif

Edited by garv
Social source share

Guest rachel

Bobby Womack - What Is This

15928 refosoul

My joint favourite, along with 'Across 110th Street'.. although I don't know some of those posted up, need to have a listen later thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest rachel

done that bit :wicked: , now how do ya put a refosoul up onto site then add it to someones post? unsure.gif

steve

Click the 'new clip' button at the bottom of the thread, then follow the instructions on screen to upload your mp3 :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert