Show Us Your Great Photos 2024

On 26/07/2024 at 16:23, Woodbutcher said:

A fleeting glimpse of one of the noisy buggers that passed fast and low over mine this lunchtime. Only managed to catch the trailing F-15 and he tracked directly across the Sun as I pressed the shutter , made for a different and quite pleasing sequence when stitched together ... :)

ThroughtheSun6000px.thumb.JPG.c81afa2c2275b8516e1fd9d18ae74509.JPG

Nice to see your creative talents coming out... you get a gold starr ⭐

• Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Quick snap of the rising Moon while waiting for my supper , EOS 90D + Sigma 150-600 C. ... :)

GIMPEDAS4Stack10framesjpgs1200PNG.thumb.png.bbecdeedc1373aa565ed98365e4172b2.png

I like that, good catch mate.

Did you take a photograph of your supper by any chance?

I hope all is well with you.

Your friend.

Peter

:hatsoff2:

• Thanks 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

I like that, good catch mate.

Did you take a photograph of your supper by any chance?

I hope all is well with you.

Your friend.

Peter

I have but two hands Peter , and when I'm in the vicinity of food they are fully employed grasping a knife and fork not faffing about with cameras ... :lol:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

Hope the weather is good for you tonight, just seen there's to be a special moon tonight, look forward to seeing any pics you might take.

I was only thinking last night; I've not seen the moon for ages. Then went outside, late on, and saw the moon, it was very orange. Nice

Cheers.

Peter

😉

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

Hope the weather is good for you tonight, just seen there's to be a special moon tonight, look forward to seeing any pics you might take.

Nothing overly special to me , just appears a tiny bit bigger that the eye can't distinguish from the last one , it's just the third full moon in a season with four full moons , more over-hyping by the media. 

It may still appear a bit 'redder' than usual when it first appears over the horizon and that's down to the jetstream dragging smoke and soot over from the wildfires in Canada.

And I'm probably going to be clouded out but I might have a chance of it rising , if I'm not asleep by then ... :lol:

Social source share

2 hours ago, Woodbutcher said:

more over-hyping by the media. 

You are right there, gave it the full monty on the BBC this morning, shame I thought it was going to be something really special and was looking forward to one of your brilliant moon shots.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

40 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

You are right there, gave it the full monty on the BBC this morning, shame I thought it was going to be something really special and was looking forward to one of your brilliant moon shots.

Sorry about that , just for you here's one I shot nine years ago as a test shot for the lunar eclipse that was occurring a couple of hours later , I don't think I've bettered this one despite numerous attempts , the 'seeing' was great that night ... :)

When I get the right opportunity I intend doing a hi-resolution mosaic using the a different 'scope and monochrome camera but I've kinda got out of practice beggaring about in the dark ... :lol:

You can do the clicky thing and get the bigger image .

xAE9froAwTih_16536x0_Kigu1Bvu.thumb.png.814a84cd9e1f2168ae1146f204b31de2.png

Edited by Woodbutcher
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tony Foster said:

Complete amateur and no way in the league of some of the other great posts, but thought these maybe worth a share 

PXL_20240824_130414726.jpg

PXL_20240825_074522033.jpg

PXL_20240824_124210684.MP.jpg

PXL_20240825_132009737~3.jpg

Hi Tony

I hope you're ok.

There's nothing wrong with those photographs - they brought back lots of memories. That's what photographs are all about; creating and evoking memories and experiences.

Thanks for taking the time to post them up.

Best wishes

Peter

• Up vote 1
Social source share

43 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

That's a stunning photograph Chris. You're sure getting to grips with that new camera.

Well done mate.

Peter

Getting some practice in ready for my winter pike fishing season on the Broads.

Obviously while the fishing is slow i have plenty to go at with the camera. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Jaco said:

Couple of pics from the Danube at night.

Parliament building and Buda Castle

If you are interested in the history of Hungary and Budapest we found The House of Terror museum to be very good, frightening what people will do to their own citizens. You do though to get the best out of it have to spend time watching the various videos so if your time is short best to give it a miss and stick to the sights. Great pics by the way.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

34 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

If you are interested in the history of Hungary and Budapest we found The House of Terror museum to be very good, frightening what people will do to their own citizens. You do though to get the best out of it have to spend time watching the various videos so if your time is short best to give it a miss and stick to the sights. Great pics by the way.

Even in modern times the people of the old eastern bloc suffered a great deal under the old communist regimes. I've spent time in Romania, was an unpaid Director of a childrens orphanage for a while, and as an aside to that work I learnt a great deal from my Romanian friends. Romania is a stunning country. Some of you will have seen the video we produced back in 2009 I think. I'm one of the lead protagonists in our infamous annual Lupta cu apa! I always let Costica win - you can see me with the hose pipe!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

Thanks for the tip but we didn’t get to it. So many things to cram in on a short trip. Amazing city.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!