Col Soul Label...only One Release

Sanquine

The Chandlers - Your love makes me lonely - is this the only release on the Col soul label, from the Info I have it would appear to be.... If so how incredible is that, had a copy but didn't realise it was a one off label release.. unless anyone can help with more detail's about the label... :thumbsup:

Thank's

Karen

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

Don't think I've ever seen anything else on the label, Karen. Doesn't "Mr encyclopaedia" Chalky know?? Actually, there are hundreds of tunes that don't appear to have any other label releases, when you think about it. yes.gif Ever seen another Colony 13 (greater experience) or a Tuna (Clara Hardy) for example?

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

think you will find that the

uniques "here we go again" col la soul same label apart from the la, maybe thought it sounded better?

think both written or produced by the late jeff smith of capsoul records.

i have a chance of getting a copy of the rare uniques if anyone is interested?

Social source share

There is at least one other release on the Colony 13 label (Not Soul/Not at all good) Had it in my grubby mitts about Two Weeks ago in the U.S. but forgot the artist, it was pretty forgettable. Jeff Smith was involved in many Labels on the Columbus Soul scene :- Owl, Holiday, Col Soul, Col U Soul, Incentive, Prix, Bleu Rose amongst others, in one way or another. The Columbus Soul scene was a pretty compact one, in comparism to other Cities, and Jeff Smith was a bit of a local hero, and sadly lost his fight with Cancer a few Years ago.

DES PARKER

Social source share

Kym Fuller did an article a year or so ago in Soul Up North on the Capsoul label. There's also a cd from the Numero Group Eccentric Soul series featuring Cap soul. They also did one on the Deep City Label and Big Mack amongst others. Some worthwhile releases by the looks of things.

Look HERE

Social source share

think you will find that the

uniques "here we go again" col la soul same label apart from the la, maybe thought it sounded better?

think both written or produced by the late jeff smith of capsoul records.

i have a chance of getting a copy of the rare uniques if anyone is interested?

Thanks - checked label scan no credits to Jeff Smith

Chandlers had another release on Bleu Rose (Never Before) You're Love Keeps Drawing Me Closer. I presume it's the same group.

Great minds think alike wink.gif just listening to this on John's site this afternoon, not for me but beautiful label

There is at least one other release on the Colony 13 label (Not Soul/Not at all good) Had it in my grubby mitts about Two Weeks ago in the U.S. but forgot the artist, it was pretty forgettable. Jeff Smith was involved in many Labels on the Columbus Soul scene :- Owl, Holiday, Col Soul, Col U Soul, Incentive, Prix, Bleu Rose amongst others, in one way or another. The Columbus Soul scene was a pretty compact one, in comparism to other Cities, and Jeff Smith was a bit of a local hero, and sadly lost his fight with Cancer a few Years ago.

DES PARKER

know your busy Des, but did you manage that info for me. Next interest is the Lee J label only know of 6 releases.

definitely only one release on Col Soul. I saw a Colony 13 record on ebay last week or the week before, it was garage punk I think.

Thanks Pete - Next interest is the Lee J label only know of 6 releases

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

jeff smith was certainly a local hero. im sure that the unique on col la soul would be credited with him

i am currently in contact with a good friend of his at owl records and will ask him.

Social source share

Don't think I've ever seen anything else on the label, Karen. Doesn't "Mr encyclopaedia" Chalky know?? Actually, there are hundreds of tunes that don't appear to have any other label releases, when you think about it. yes.gif Ever seen another Colony 13 (greater experience) or a Tuna (Clara Hardy) for example?

Got the instrumental version but unreleased so not sure this counts

:rolleyes::D

Social source share

I am pleased to say that Col The Soul is alive & living in Fleet, Hampshire.

Last seen dancing around his living room to Lil Major Williams - Girl*

Although a number of events have conspired to prevent him getting out recently, I am confident the issues are short term.

Col :rolleyes:

* I am reliably informed that in the very near future he will be grooving to Paris - Sleepless Nights & Herby Brown - One More Broken Heart

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert