Epitome of sound original

Go to solution Solved by Floyd,

Hi

has the red and white label variation of the epitome of sound you dont love me on  sandbag

ever been booted, if so how do spot a boot from the original, my old copy had raised letters  visible under the label

which i always believed to be an original, are there any red and white label originals with out the raised letters?

thanks for looking , hope fully some one can help me out

ATB

Floyd

Social source share

Yes there are some red and white label issue copies that look very original, but don't appear to have the raised letters under the label.

And also as Happy Feet mentions, the modern day lookalike.

The 70's boot was a mid green label pressed on styrene. Or the speeded up version credited to Moses Smith on a dark green Sandbag label.

Social source share

My understanding is that all originals have the raised lettering. Problem is, they're hard to spot if the labels are free of any grime (dirt makes them more obvious) or the letters happen to drop amongst the label text.

The letters are located 15 mm from the edge of the centre hole on the YDLM side and are sometimes easier to feel than see.

I brought a very clean copy some years back, where the guy said it was a boot due to not having raised lettering. It did, on both sides.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

47 minutes ago, Wiggyflat said:

I have an original without the raised letters.

Well, assuming you've not missed them, that blows my long held belief out of the water! 

If you can't feel 'em, with a very light touch either, I have to stand corrected.

Social source share

Some of the copies have the raised numbers but are almost impossible to detect. The best way to find them is to take a picture on your phone & then expand the image.

This is my copy. Unless you zoom the image you can't see them on either side, but they are there.

20221126_133726.jpg

20221126_133814.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

26 minutes ago, Wiggyflat said:

Can someone remind me of the matrix stamps/ etchings on this one.

Etching is very shallow. If you have etchings as per below photos, my bet is you have raised lettering under label too. Run your forefinger around the centre hole using a very light touch and you should feel a slightly rough spot😊

First two are WWY side, third is YDLM.

20240121_144544.jpg

20240121_144601.jpg

20240121_144700.jpg

Edited by Soul16
Repeat info.
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!