Simon T

• Replies 63
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just been through my boxes and I a'nt got a single 45 on Arctic :lol: will have to put that right :shades: any good cheepies to start me off :unsure:

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

:lol: Heres a nice one as well..... :shades: We all know 'what can a man do' but can anyone please tell me about this next 45....I was told its by Harold etc but thats all I have... :unsure: again my apologies regards no sound clips.... :unsure:

mel-o-delphia

post-6164-1173692550_thumb.jpg

Stompa_hmelvin.mp3

post-6164-1173694938_thumb.jpg

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

Guest melandthensome
:shades: Can anyone please post the inst to 'carefare back' please.... :unsure:

post-6164-1173697123_thumb.jpg

post-6164-1173697182_thumb.jpg

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

I seem to recall from the dusty recesses of my memory that Kenny Gamble's "Chains of love" is the label's rarest and also a brilliant record. Weren't the labels blank on the release (which makes a scan less exciting than it might be)? :shades:

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

:unsure: Yes I know the pic of honey n the bees is the josie one.....okeh :D

Roger.....

how the hell are ya mate :shades:

mel-o-delphia

ps

I sold my blank labeled 45 of 'the jokes on you' to joey dunlop last year.....still wish I didnt....As ever gave it away as usual......good mate though :unsure: I had it for over 10yrs or more and when collecting Arctic years ago was after the jimmy bishop no1 and jeeze its shtie...Still got a few though. :lol:

pic is Jimmy bishop with honey n bee's......

mel-o-delphia

post-6164-1173703520_thumb.jpg

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

For me one of the best outings on the lable is Dee Dee Barnes - Do What You Wanna Do - Arctic 138 the old Michelles cover-up for Russ from '77 -'78 at Wigan. It also one of the demo's that was double sided thumbsup.gif and the flip (I'm yours and You're Mine) is a nice tune for playing at home.

Social source share

MONSTER TUNE! Yes, my copy looks like crap, but it plays like a dream and cost me $10 so... :thumbsup:

Seb is the soundclip from this same copy? I think I sold you this one a few years ago, it was totally destroyed if I remember correctly, but if this is the same copy it plays amazingly well!

Thanks to all for the clips/scans, one of my fave labels, even in Philly many of these have become very very hard to turn up these days, for sure.

Hi djr/Dave, hope you are well!! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Ain't Got The Love Of One Girl - ambassadors - arctic

16059 refosoul

I absolutely love this track. I actually bought it a few years back for "Music", and somehow misfiled it.....a few months later I was thinking about selling it and flipped it over. One spin and I knew it wasn't going anywhere.

Hello Haim, I'm doing well. I hope everything is well with you.

And boy are you right, Arctic titles are tough to find in the Philly area these days....

Social source share

Seb is the soundclip from this same copy? I think I sold you this one a few years ago, it was totally destroyed if I remember correctly, but if this is the same copy it plays amazingly well!

Yes, that's the copy I got from you and yes, the soundclip is taken straight from the 45. :thumbsup: It really does look like TOTAL hell though. It's one of the few issue copies as well that I've seen of "Love Addict", seems to be mostly demo copies around.

Social source share

Guest nubes

such quality tunes.....I am supposed to be working, but can't stop playing tunes from this thread

:thumbsup:

And that's what it is all about brill tracks from the Artic label...some i am familiar with, others...hearing for the first time ... :thumbsup: .....Thanks to all the posters so far for sharing part of their collections on here...greatly appreciatied....looking for ward to hear more....keep going troops...sooo much fabso muso still to be played off this label i'm sure.....Delxx

Social source share

Yes, that's the copy I got from you and yes, the soundclip is taken straight from the 45. :thumbsup: It really does look like TOTAL hell though. It's one of the few issue copies as well that I've seen of "Love Addict", seems to be mostly demo copies around.

Yes issues are pretty rare it seems, I think I've only seen two or three including yours....and all the ones I've had have been really rough. I'd love a clean one for myself, I'll find one one of these days......there's gotta be a few more hidden away somewhere in Cheesesteak City.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Canadian Arctic :thumbsup:

they're on nice vinyl but labels are nowhere near as pretty

It may or may not be as pretty but at least the Canadians know there are no penguins in the arctic :thumbsup:

Social source share

CINDY GIBSON STEP BY STEP

a killer tune

I'd agree and as someone who used to collect the Arctic label until I gave up trying to find "Chains of love", I'd wager the B side of this is pretty good too! I used to play Step by step at Southgate a few years back, to good reaction. Might dust it off for revival - think it cost me £40 :thumbsup: . Steve

Plenty more Arctic's to be listed folks so keep going. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert