Who has "Sue Rainey: You got to be kind?"

10 years ago I've seen the 45 "Sue Rainey: You got to be kind/My private world - Peachtree-P133" sold. Unfortunately by the time it was not possible anymore to contact the winner. Since then I'm asking around: Who have or knows someone that has this 45 single. I would like to add a good quality image to the Funky Music Lexicon gallery pages in a future edition. Any help is very much appreciated. Contact: info@funk.ch ... (Peter Wermelinger)

Sue Rainey_You got to be kind.JPG

Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Peter

Sorry I can't help you find the copy you're looking for but do you ,or anyone else, know anything about the Sue Rainey record.

The 2003 Grapevine CD- Atlanta Soul, The Peachtree Records Story has Peachtree 106 You Hurt So Good as the only record by her issued. Grapevine had access to the Peachtree files and tapes but didn't mention other records by Rainey.

Looking at Discogs there are five titles P130 to P134 with unknown dates and the last two have artist and title lettering that looks more modern. Were they all pressed a lot later, maybe for the Japanese market.

Social source share

Hi Rick ... the P130 is a funk song from 1970 or more likely 1971, P 131 side A is a funky soul blues song, both Clyde Terrell I don't know but suppose it's soul. Sue Rainey P133 side A is soul-funk, side B is slow soul. A copy of P133 is said to be sold in UK from a collector to another, but the seller says he can't remember to whom he has sold this ultra rare 45. This 45 is pressed 1971 or maybe a bit later.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert