Rarest/valuable/Sought "modern" soul records out there?

15 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Sweet Pearl is a lovely track Malc. 

My memory seems to recall some nice tracks by a group Black Pearl, but I could be mistaken there.

Peter

I know a track by Basic Black & Pearl, thats on Wam and later on Polydor, very nice 45 that is... all I can see in my minds eye is that Black Pearl Label, you know the one on The 'Touch Me, Hold Me'... funny how the mind throws back pictures, given our propensity to know a track, simply by looking at the label... !!

Here is one which you all know of course, and is very hard on Demo, never got issued, Colin Curtis spin, I think... this acetate has the long version on it and was cut at NY Frankford Wayne, as apposed to Philly plant / location.

Freddie-Lowe.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

19 hours ago, Mal C said:

and this crossover collectable, sounds earlier, but says 81 on the label 🙂 also La'fez - No Matter, on MJW

Malc that Sweet Pearl is brand new to my ears🤔 - where's that been hiding? absolutely fantastic🥰 - Yes every day is indeed a school day

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/01/2024 at 17:25, Peter99 said:

Good posts Malc, and everyone else. I've run out of likes. 😉

As you say, lots of the Daybreak record about - £10 a copy back in the day. Still a lovely record, I first heard this played by Richard S at Wigan, circa 1981 - one of his 60's newies/modern sets. It was still covered up as Tyrone Davis, those Sir Dickie sets at the time remain unbeatable for me.

Peter 

Tyrone Edward’s “Search This World” Peter. 

Social source share

On 26/01/2024 at 14:17, Northernguy said:

I'll throw this in the hat simply because I found it in a box and quite liked it so tried to find another and it took about 10 years before I did. Never heard it played out but the guy who posted it on you tube says he plays it.

This is another slightly different version of a track called " Boy what you gonna do" on her "Fever all through the night" LP. Although the single came first I prefer the LP take......

Social source share

On 03/01/2024 at 14:57, Mal C said:

Wow, really... it doent strike me as a Wigan spin, but then I was told Russ was also responsible for The Blues Busters - Love is the Answer, amongst others of course, which gets big thumbs up from me... 🙂

Mal

flip the Sammy Lee over. Mid tempo magic

Andy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!