Guest Dr Bob Jones

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dr Bob Jones

I've got this on vinyl Bob, had it years. Was deleted a long time ago and I recently saw the cd set in HMV in town here.

Nice one Chalky

Was the vinyl release all the tracks put out on this cd box set? If so that must be one hellova box set you have mate. Missed that definitely............

Dr Bob Jones

unsure.gif

Social source share

Despite the number of tracks crammed onto each side of an LP I always thought the vinyl collection was better mastered. The original Cd releases used stereo dubs in too many cases. The latest and remasterd version of the CD collection can be had for £3 to £5 per disc in Fopp.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Nice one Chalky

Was the vinyl release all the tracks put out on this cd box set? If so that must be one hellova box set you have mate. Missed that definitely............

Dr Bob Jones

:shades:

It's on seven double albums :shades: Came out in 1985. There was a nice 14 LP box set of Philly International from 1971 - 1986 came out around the same time. For some reason it's licensed from PI by a label called 'streetsounds' London? Nice looking box though. I'll post a picture up as soon as i can find my damn usb cable...

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert