JMAuction - 08/11/2023 - Results!

Zanetti

Quantities of Dream Team and more recently, Ward Burton have turned up. Naturally this makes bidders hesitant. carolinasoul has had a few Ward Burtons over the last year or so whilst Dream Team have featured on his auctions for several years. Plenty of good results for Manny this evening reflecting the improved calibre of his offerings.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 08/11/2023 at 21:02, Frankie Crocker said:

Quantities of Dream Team and more recently, Ward Burton have turned up. Naturally this makes bidders hesitant. carolinasoul has had a few Ward Burtons over the last year or so whilst Dream Team have featured on his auctions for several years. Plenty of good results for Manny this evening reflecting the improved calibre of his offerings.

Quantity turn up of Dream Team was at least 10/12 years ago. Price plummeted back then to below 100 quid. I was pretty miffed then as I bought a copy for 400 just a few weeks before all those NOS copies turned up.

More recently copies in circulation seem to have dried up. And the flipside is sought after by the lowrider collectors more recently. So no surprise to me that price is going up again.

Social source share

Was always going to mirror Clara Hardy in terms rise in price. Both found In quantity about the same time? 
I know I bought both mine about then, and remember quite a few got caught on that find didnt they, rememeber you being vocal about it Benji, and rightly so.

Social source share

Mal, yes got caught on Dream Team and Royal Esquires. Bought both from a well known DJ/collector shortly before the quantities came on the market. Pretty obvious he knew about that and tried offload the records before price would plummet.

But both have been increasing again price since then. Same for Clara Hardy and Betty Lloyd.

Social source share

The Royal Esquires find seemed a bigger batch than that of the Betty Lloyd and Cara Hardy ones but the Dream Team seems of even bigger quantity. Just saying by the numbers regularly coming continuously on the market since the first ones. Auctions do have their share of enthusiastic speculation players apparently to add their share of bias. Then the Low-Rider scene enthu$ia$m also comes into that equation with their own price incentive 'flava'.  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!