The Executive Four On Lumar

Playing through some CDs last night over a malt whisky nightcap, I stumbled over "I Got A Good Thing Going" by the Executive Four on Lumar. I played it again just to remind myself what a brilliant group vocal stomper it is!

Are there still only two known copies of this? My belief is that it was first played covered up (Richard Searling?) as Robert L. Martin around 1979. This hissy copy went to Ion Tskalis, via Ray Evans, around 1985 - at this point it was a complete one-off. In 1987, Tim Ashibende turned up the only other copy in unplayed condition, as I remember it being on his list in April that year.

Have any others surfaced in the last 20 years? And as a matter of curiosity, what would be a realistic value on it?

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Playing through some CDs last night over a malt whisky nightcap, I stumbled over "I Got A Good Thing Going" by the Executive Four on Lumar. I played it again just to remind myself what a brilliant group vocal stomper it is!

Are there still only two known copies of this? My belief is that it was first played covered up (Richard Searling?) as Robert L. Martin around 1979. This hissy copy went to Ion Tskalis, via Ray Evans, around 1985 - at this point it was a complete one-off. In 1987, Tim Ashibende turned up the only other copy in unplayed condition, as I remember it being on his list in April that year.

Have any others surfaced in the last 20 years? And as a matter of curiosity, what would be a realistic value on it?

I bought that of Tim for £220 apparently the b side is a doowop thing. a few turned up in the mid 90's. been giving it a blast in the last few sets and it seems to be taking of. i think there was one on the Bay last year and i only went for 650 i think a bargain

Edited by Tedsoul
Social source share

apparently only 10 copies found via Zookeeper Tim

never seen any since.

A real hard piece..but what a tune..

Sounds like Batman theme at the chorus

Got to be one of the best sax breaks ever. :thumbsup: Well 'ard 45, Tim auctioned one recently, think he said it went for £1800. So my bid of a grand was a bit out then. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I guess you were slightly off then

and Is that AVATAR

Shifty's scooter??

looks like it to me..

I'm sure I saw Shifty's scooter in Warrington last summer - as a matter of fact I'm positive....but what was he doing up here.

Social source share

apparently only 10 copies found via Zookeeper Tim

never seen any since.

A real hard piece..but what a tune..

Sounds like Batman theme at the chorus

not 100% mate but sure Andy said there was only 6 or 7 from the little find of Tims. I can check if you wanna know for sure?

Social source share

Guest Trevski

good thing going - executive four - lumar

15927 refosoul

Cracking tune :lol: This, and the Del-Tours epitomise storming northen rarities for me! yes.gif

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest uroffal

always get them dancing to E4 but the Deltours gave up with it eventually, never got the response it deserved

Great records both of 'em - always loved the Deltours

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Executive four storming TUNE.

When Ion first got it,the record fell behind a radiator :lol:

it was panic stations as you can imagine

but he managed to get it out without any damage yes.gif

Al H

Social source share

NOT GONNA FIGHT OVER 3 OR 4 COPIES ARE WE CHALKSTER MATE?

UNLESS THEYRE ACTUALLY FOR ME AND YOU

:yes::lol:

Nah mate but some do like to be exact with the quantities knocking about. I wish there was a copy for us both rolleyes.gif proper northern.

Ted, the Deltours worth every penny just for the clapping in t'middle

Social source share

I thought thewre was at least two copies before the little batch turned up.

Know Butch was playing this out mid 80's, was this the one Tim turned up?

Social source share

not 100% mate but sure Andy said there was only 6 or 7 from the little find of Tims. I can check if you wanna know for sure?

There was deffo a few more in the states at the time, a guy I got Joe Matthews(Kool Kat) off had 3 copies, all went to doo-wop collectors, I balked at $350, silly me.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert