• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest martinsbox

Waitin' - billy devaughn - idealise

Nice plodding early tune I must say! thumbsup.gif

Martin

p.s. I like this . . . even if it is posted by Simon Whiter than white!!

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

The Bang Gang - Who said honky's ain't got soul - Midget Records

Probably missed from the wants section earlier . . . but what the heck!! Here is a tune you'll never hear anywhere!! Funky soul at it's exteme, Manship style. boxing.gif

Martin

post-2262-1173477514_thumb.jpg

Social source share

So Much Love - faith hope & charity - maxwell

I've been playing the shit out of this track during the past week. Van McCoy goodness on a 45 which under no circumstances should cost more than £5. I love this!!!

post-1392-1173429514_thumb.jpg

cracker! just picked one up for $8. thanks!
macca
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Your Love Has Got Me Chained And Bound - Alfreda Brockington - Phil L.A. of Soul -

15943 refosoul Phil-La-Of-Soul_334a_DJ.jpgPhil-La-Of-Soul_334a.jpg

Never seen a demo of this before. I've had the issue, though! Underated tune imho. Perhaps price has a lot to do with it!!

Martin

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

saving my love for my baby - marva whitney - federal. 45-12545 promotional

Cheap as chips, but sounds a million dollars to my ears. Absolute magic!!

post-2262-1173478832_thumb.jpg

Social source share

post-1986-1173485406_thumb.jpgi wanna be free - joe tex - dial

At last i have one of these,well happy.....even better got it on a get now pay much later deal.

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

i wanna be free - joe tex - dial

At last i have one of these,well happy.....even better got it on a get now pay much later deal.

Sold one of these @ Stoke's Kings Hall for £15 a few few years ago . . . when NO ONE wanted a copy!!
Martin
Social source share

Guest nubes

Sold one of these @ Stoke's Kings Hall for £15 a few few years ago . . . when NO ONE wanted a copy!!

Martin

Now isnt that always the way!!!! Superb sound BTW....Delx

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Now isnt that always the way!!!! Superb sound BTW....Delx

Yep! As usual, you heard it here first. But took ages to take it in!!!!!

Martin

Social source share

Martin

Beat ya`by a fiver,after filling the hundred club dance floor sold it for a tenner ph34r.gif cost me a hundred quid...spooooky.

Social source share

Never seen a demo of this before. I've had the issue, though! Underated tune imho. Perhaps price has a lot to do with it!!

Martin

Hi Martin

I got the DEMO from Soul Bowl in the 70's, I haven't seen another, not sure why. shades.gif

I've always like this record, not an expensive record, but like you say the price might have something to do with it not being played.

I bought the Pat Hodges around the same time, on one of my many trips to Soul Bowl, as you say, another underrated tune.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Beat ya`by a fiver,after filling the hundred club dance floor sold it for a tenner ph34r.gif cost me a hundred quid...spooooky.

Don't take much to fill the 100 club floor though does it!! More space for the d.j.'s imo mate!

Martin

p.s. more space in the bogs.

Social source share

post-1986-1173485309_thumb.jpgtell her - dean parrish - boom promo

allmost lost to soul snobbery,classic dance tune nearly ready for a return,nice styrene mint demo..........and love the other side.

Social source share

thumbsup.gif Soul45er,Relatives-Lenient with my love. What a tune love it to bits!!!

Soulsid

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

First got a copy of this about six months ago in a small collection I bought, loved it to bits as soon as I played it, then like an idiot sold it when I was skint! Since then I've been lucky enough to pick up a few more copies, sold the last spare on my site last night but this time have kept one in my own collection and thats not going anywhere this time :( .

Think I put it the 'Whats Going To Go Big This Year' thread as my top tip. Really reckon it could go, but thats just IMO as I'm no DJ!

Adam.

Social source share

Guest nubes

tell her - dean parrish - boom promo

15956 refosoul

allmost lost to soul snobbery,classic dance tune nearly ready for a return,nice styrene mint demo..........and love the other side.

Yes...excell choon... overdue return..nearly Easter...resurrect it....( can say that cos i is Catholic) ...Delxx

Social source share

post-1986-1173485241_thumb.jpgordinary guy - josephine taylor - mar-v-lus

One of the best cheap two siders on the soul planet.....go go Chicago.

Edited by mike
Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Cheers mate thumbsup.gif

First got a copy of this about six months ago in a small collection I bought, loved it to bits as soon as I played it, then like an idiot sold it when I was skint! Since then I've been lucky enough to pick up a few more copies, sold the last spare on my site last night but this time have kept one in my own collection and thats not going anywhere this time :thumbsup: .

Think I put it the 'Whats Going To Go Big This Year' thread as my top tip. Really reckon it could go, but thats just IMO as I'm no DJ!

Adam.

Hi Adam,I wonder if you would do me a big favour?If you manage to get hold of another copy would you let me know,cause i will definately Buy it from you. As Ian Levene would say " I MUST HAVE IT".Cheers. Sid

Social source share

Hi Adam,I wonder if you would do me a big favour?If you manage to get hold of another copy would you let me know,cause i will definately Buy it from you. As Ian Levene would say " I MUST HAVE IT".Cheers. Sid

Will do Sid thumbsup.gif

Social source share

post-1986-1173485080_thumb.jpgi dont know how - the persians - g w p

This has been lying round for ages doing now`t but just decided i really like it.sorry didnt clean it first but only one chocolate bump!!

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Whole Lot of Shakin In My Heart - smokey robinson and the miracles - motown

....very popular choice, Ms. Mav. The all-time Motown favourite of many shades.gif
Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Remember Me - The Whispers - Soul Clock -

Soul_Clock_SC-109a_DJ.jpg

I can't believe I've never heard this before! Was it pre-or-post the Fuller Bros?

One to be added to the 'funeral records' thread on here a while back, particularly as cinders get a mention in the lyrics....

Social source share

I can't believe I've never heard this before! Was it pre-or-post the Fuller Bros?

One to be added to the 'funeral records' thread on here a while back, particularly as cinders get a mention in the lyrics....

Hi

I'm not sure on the year, but I think looking at the release numbers it came after The Fuller Brothers.

and I'm guessing before The Promatics. :shades:

Soul_Clock_SC-105a_DJ.jpgSoul_Clock_SC-109a_DJ.jpgJoJo_2201a.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Hi

I'm not sure on the year, but I think looking at the release numbers it came after The Fuller Brothers.

and I'm guessing before The Promatics. :lol:

Soul_Clock_SC-105a_DJ.jpgSoul_Clock_SC-109a_DJ.jpgJoJo_2201a.jpg

Cheers :shades:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert