Yvonne Carroll informations, biography or photos Q?

Wondering about her who's who I was stunned not to find much if nothing relevant out there but an early sixties photo of the Roulettes (her accompany group on Domain record which had a first record on Domino before she took the 'lead') and a 1964 record review quoting he 'there he goes' side on Vee-Jay as some Brenda Holloway 'wanna be' effort...

While her fab 45 loved by most  with 'Stuck On You' the 'B' side of her "evergreen" HIT 'Gee What A Guy' that was issued on numerous USA labels and pressing plants continuously since it's initial release on Domain in June 1963 up to the mid eighties is that well known even outside the realms of soul fanatics but not the woman. Anyone ?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, Tlscapital said:

Wondering about her who's who I was stunned not to find much if nothing relevant out there but an early sixties photo of the Roulettes (her accompany group on Domain record which had a first record on Domino before she took the 'lead') and a 1964 record review quoting he 'there he goes' side on Vee-Jay as some Brenda Holloway 'wanna be' effort...

While her fab 45 loved by most  with 'Stuck On You' the 'B' side of her "evergreen" HIT 'Gee What A Guy' that was issued on numerous USA labels and pressing plants continuously since it's initial release on Domain in June 1963 up to the mid eighties is that well known even outside the realms of soul fanatics but not the woman. Anyone ?

I don’t  know  anything about her. 

I just have this 45 on vj by her.

really nice record 

the b side is there she goes

a nice beat ballad 

IMG_0649.png

Social source share

9 hours ago, Simon T said:

Was she not the only one in King Harvest without a beard? Well that was what Blickpoolsoul told me, just saying,

Sorry but I don't have the cultural "codes" to access that humor... 😉 as am not Brit 😱

Common now Simon is there some lead to dig into or is it just a "bearded biker's joke' ?

Social source share

'Stuck on You' came out twice, originally on Megaphone, (below) and later on Domain. Fabulous track, and quite cheap 45 on Domain, given it's quality. The Megaphone release you don't see much, took me years to get a good one, most I found were not good copies. 

I do like a bit of Yvonne Caroll 🙂

Modern Records.jpg

Social source share

47 minutes ago, Mal C said:

'Stuck on You' came out twice, originally on Megaphone, (below) and later on Domain. Fabulous track, and quite cheap 45 on Domain, given it's quality. The Megaphone release you don't see much, took me years to get a good one, most I found were not good copies. 

I do like a bit of Yvonne Caroll 🙂

Modern Records.jpg

wasn't it Domain 1st, then Megaphone? Sepe and Brooks Megaphone label only really started late '67 early '68.

Social source share

8 hours ago, Mal C said:

First time I've heard that Kev, I was told years back that Megaphone was first by somebody, I can't remember who.

The Mega Phone label was Sepe & Brooks owned in continuation of their productions re-realising amongst their contemporary new releases Yvonne's sole HIT in April 1968. That was repressed few times after in both the USA and Canada up to the mid-eighties on various labels (specialized in 'oldies' or not only).

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert