Moderation

Paul-s

Quite frankly the soul source team are ridiculous for issuing me with a warning (see below) for using threatening behaviour without giving an example. See below. All this cloak and danger censorship with no reference reeks of abuse, personal opinion and marginalisation of members based on partisanship.

I was the one who was threatened in a PM. Before that I had made absolutely no reference to the said member. If I had then please post below and I will acknowledge my error? Impossible, because I did not do anything. I do not even know them. 

Mike/Mal (whoever the chief censor is) you are totally out of order here and are suggesting that members can PM each other threats based on projected slights and egos is absurd.

This post will probably get censored and me banned, but hey I feel good because I did nothing at all that you can show?

It's all a bit conceited and cloak and danger vague and goes quite well with the level of wider public censorship we are seeing with 'Cancel Culture'. Th irony is that we started the scene to escape wider censorship by the state and now you seem to echo that state censorial responses to nothing.

'disruptive'.   =  what?  Its a bit open to interpretation fellas?

I guess your advocating then that I send a direct response to the said member: no problem, but don't then give me another warning for doing so.

I have of course copied this message and can post on my site if you want to censor it. 

Thanks.

Paul

Note for member

Our guidelines state ...

Please do not post or upload anything that:

Is inappropriate (abusive, offensive or disruptive)

Your latest post which included repeated insults towards another member and the posting of a members personal message in public has been classed as both abusive and disruptive

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/terms/

While welcome robust discussion on a wide range of soul related subjects we do not welcome abusive or disruptive posts concerning other members

A warning has been given to ensure that you are aware that any further repeat may lead to further action on your account as per our Terms and conditions of use

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, Source Team said:

After discussion...

Our guidelines do state ...

Please do not post or upload anything that: Is inappropriate (abusive, offensive or disruptive)

As such a post (and a follow on quoting post) which included repeated insults towards another member and the posting of a members personal message in public has been removed, The post was classed as both abusive and disruptive, a member has been given a site warning to ensure that they are aware that any repeat may lead to further action

While welcome robust discussion on a wide range of soul related subjects we do not welcome abusive or disruptive posts concerning other members

regards

mike  on behalf of site team

Quite frankly the soul source team are ridiculous for issuing me with a warning (see below) for using threatening behaviour without giving an example. See below. All this cloak and danger censorship with no reference reeks of abuse and marginalisation of members based on partisanship.

I was the one who was threatened in a PM. Before that I had made absolutely no reference to the said member. If I had then please post below and I will acknowledge my error? Impossible, because I did not do anything.

Mike/Mal (whoever the chief censor is) you are totally out of order here and are suggesting that members can PM each other threats based on projected slights and egos is absurd.

This post will probably get censored  but hey I feel good because I did nothing at all that you can show?

It's all a bit conceited and cloak and danger vague and goes quite well with the level of wider public censorship we are seeing with 'Cancel Culture'. Th irony is that we started the scene to escape wider censorship by the state and now you seem to echo that state censorial responses to nothing.

'disruptive' or 'offensive'   =  what?  Its a bit open to interpretation fellas?

I guess your advocating then that I send a direct response to the said member: no problem, but don't then give me another warning for doing so.

Thanks.

Paul

Social source share

18 minutes ago, Paul-s said:

Quite frankly the soul source team are ridiculous for issuing me with a warning (see below) for using threatening behaviour without giving an example. See below. All this cloak and danger censorship with no reference reeks of abuse and marginalisation of members based on partisanship.

I was the one who was threatened in a PM. Before that I had made absolutely no reference to the said member. If I had then please post below and I will acknowledge my error? Impossible, because I did not do anything.

This post will probably get censored  but hey I feel good because I did nothing at all that you can show?

'disruptive' or 'offensive'   =  what?  Its a bit open to interpretation fellas?

Thanks.

Paul

A warning was given to you as per below after discussion

As such a post (and a follow on quoting post) which included repeated insults towards another member and the posting of a members personal message in public has been removed, The post was classed as both abusive and disruptive, a member has been given a site warning to ensure that they are aware that any repeat may lead to further action

As said 

The warning was given to ensure that you are aware that any repeat of these actions may lead to further action on your account

We do have guidelines, terms of use and such, members using the forum are expected to follow them whenever possible

Regards

Mike on behalf of site team

Social source share

29 minutes ago, Paul-s said:

Quite frankly the soul source team are ridiculous for issuing me with a warning (see below) for using threatening behaviour without giving an example. See below. All this cloak and danger censorship with no reference reeks of abuse, personal opinion and marginalisation of members based on partisanship.

I was the one who was threatened in a PM. Before that I had made absolutely no reference to the said member. If I had then please post below and I will acknowledge my error? Impossible, because I did not do anything. I do not even know them. 

This post will probably get censored and me banned, but hey I feel good because I did nothing at all that you can show?

'disruptive'.   =  what?  Its a bit open to interpretation fellas?

I have of course copied this message and can post on my site if you want to censor it. 

Thanks.

Paul

Note for member

Our guidelines state ...

Please do not post or upload anything that:

Is inappropriate (abusive, offensive or disruptive)

Your latest post which included repeated insults towards another member and the posting of a members personal message in public has been classed as both abusive and disruptive

A warning has been given to ensure that you are aware that any further repeat may lead to further action on your account as per our Terms and conditions of use

Totally agree Paul, this is wrong! Not the way to treat a member who has done nothing wrong 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Geeselad said:

Totally agree Paul, this is wrong! Not the way to treat a member who has done nothing wrong 

thanks for your feedback

reason for the warning have been given above

thanks

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

As said 

The warning was given to ensure that you are aware that any repeat of these actions may lead to further action on your account

We do have guidelines, terms of use and such, members using the forum are expected to follow them whenever possible

Regards

repeat posts from another topic have been split and moved into this topic here as per the forum guidelines

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

thanks for your feedback

reason for the warning have been given above

thanks

repeat posts from another topic have been split and moved into this topic here as per the forum guidelines

Yes, but thats totally vague. I made NO DIRECT statement about any member?

Can you please give the example as requested, otherwise its not really possible to see what you are talking about. It just comes across as arbitrary censorship based on projections not anything concrete.

Social source share

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

As said 

Regards

So, just the sharing on site of an abusive PM sent to me privately by someone i had not made reference to or abused?

I have followed your guidelines and sent the member a responsive PM as that is what this rule encourages. A bizarre policy if I might say, but not something I'm averse to doing, as i am able to remember my childhood playground games.

I wasn't aware of this policy and thank you for pointing it out. I wont share PMs again.

Paul

Social source share

Just now, Paul-s said:

So, just the sharing on site of an abusive PM sent to me privately by someone i had not made reference to or abused?

I have followed your guidelines and sent the member a responsive PM as that is what this rule encourages. A bizarre policy if I might say, but not something I'm averse to doing, as i am able to remember my childhood playground games.

I wasn't aware of this policy and thank you for pointing it out. I wont share PMs again.

Paul

again

Social source share

4 hours ago, Mike said:

again

Is this message on a loop? 

What repeated insults, initially it referenced general themes not the member personally? Then the member decided to become personal: see below.

"policing is exactly what your doing, any variation of "your" world of soul is obviously wrong. If t shirts get you in such a frenzy well qué Sera. 

But anyway my opinion about the t shirt brigade stand and if you don't like it I don't give one."

I responded to that articulately and in detail and with some humour, then received a PM threat not a reply.

It's really a strange state when people 'feeling's' are hurt by a response to their own insulting behaviour. But, as I said, its becoming par for the course with todays cancel culture ideology.
I wasn't crying (or hiding behind moderators) when I was accused of policing or being in a frenzy (even though i find both terms very offensive).

In this case, 'you' are deciding to interpret the conversation in a way that suits your sense of what is offensive and that can be a dangerous road for free speech and any interesting debate.

Anyway, thats the 'state' of affairs here it seems, so fine, and noted.

Edited by Paul-s
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert