How long should one give a seller to post a record on SS

Jonko

Not sure which forum to post this in but its a question I need to ask.

I have purchased quite a few records of sellers through Soul Source and all have always gone well. I find that it's normal for the seller to acknowledge receipt of payment and to send shipping details when posted. From my experience everything that I bought of this site has always followed this procedure and in most cases I receive the record within 3 days.

This week I bought a record on Tuesday, it's now 5 days later and not even had notification from the seller that he has received the payment which I paid via PP F&F (which most people request) let alone shipping notification or receipt of record. I have so far received nothing. I don't even know if he received the payment (though according to PP he has). This seller has good feedback but I just wish he would answer my messages to let me know that he received the funds and will be posting it soon. It just seems strange - maybe something went wrong with the payment, or maybe he is on holiday or gone ill or something. 

Am I worrying unnecessarily ? How long is reasonably to give someone to sort out posting it or / and at least letting me know he got the payment and things are in process?

Edited by Jonko
Social source share

44 minutes ago, Mithras said:

Not good enough should be same day with tracking added and confirmation of received funds.....

Thats what I thought? When I was thinking about buying it he answered every time to my message. Now I have messaged him 6 times since paying and not had one reply.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Jonko said:

I have purchased quite a few records of sellers through Soul Source and all have always gone well. I find that it's normal for the seller to acknowledge receipt of payment and to send shipping details when posted. From my experience everything that I bought of this site has always followed this procedure and in most cases I receive the record within 3 days.

This week I bought a record on Tuesday, it's now 5 days later and not even had notification from the seller that he has received the payment which I paid via PP F&F (which most people request) let alone shipping notification or receipt of record. I have so far received nothing. I don't even know if he received the payment (though according to PP he has). This seller has good feedback but I just wish he would answer my messages to let me know that he received the funds and will be posting it soon. It just seems strange - maybe something went wrong with the payment, or maybe he is on holiday or gone ill or something. 

Am I worrying unnecessarily ? How long is reasonably to give someone to sort out posting it or / and at least letting me know he got the payment and things are in process?

Flag up the sales post so that the site team is aware of your concerns and can have a look at things

cheers

mike

Social source share

3 hours ago, Jonko said:

I’ve waited more than this before usually between 3 - 7 days. It has been longer on the odd occasion. When there has been a perceived delay it was usually down to the seller having work commitments, illness and on one occasion a family bereavement.

if the seller has good feedback I wouldn’t worry at this stage.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

I’ve waited more than this before usually between 3 - 7 days. It has been longer on the odd occasion. When there has been a perceived delay it was usually down to the seller having work commitments, illness and on one occasion a family bereavement.

if the seller has good feedback I wouldn’t worry at this stage.

Yes that was what I was thinking that maybe he was ill or something. It was just strange that he messaged me about making the payment and when I made the payment I immediately messaged him and asked him to confirm that he received and didn't hear anything (and that is 5 days ago). The first thing people normally do is acknowledge receipt of the payment, especially when you paid via f&f which means you waive the protection. I guess it could be sudden illness or something. If it was work commitments how long does it take to message that payment is received?   I will give it a few more days into mid week - then after that will flag it.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Jonko said:

Yes that was what I was thinking that maybe he was ill or something. It was just strange that he messaged me about making the payment and when I made the payment I immediately messaged him and asked him to confirm that he received and didn't hear anything (and that is 5 days ago). The first thing people normally do is acknowledge receipt of the payment, especially when you paid via f&f which means you waive the protection. I guess it could be sudden illness or something. If it was work commitments how long does it take to message that payment is received?   I will give it a few more days into mid week - then after that will flag it.

flag it now

that way we (the site)  can check things out asp

we have had some members falling to f&f scams in the past

Social source share

I Think its only common courtesy to acknowledge payment asp, especially when paid by f&f it takes away the buyers apprehensions, lets be honest it only takes a few seconds to do it, postings another thing i always try to post within 24hrs at most 48h, but some sellers cant do that for various reasons but communication is the key.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Mach said:

I Think its only common courtesy to acknowledge payment asp, especially when paid by f&f it takes away the buyers apprehensions, lets be honest it only takes a few seconds to do it, postings another thing i always try to post within 24hrs at most 48h, but some sellers cant do that for various reasons but communication is the key.

Yes I agree. I don't mind waiting for the record as I understand there may be personal issues, but as you said, it takes a minute to send a acknowledgement and when to expect it. I have flagged the post now.

Social source share

I recently had the same situation with a seller , who from all his SS feedback was on the ball and 100% , almost 2 weeks passed by , so I like the original poster thought the worse , even after messaging twice .

Then out of the blue a message " sorry for the delay I was rushed into hospital things have not been good , but will post asap " ,

2 days later and the record arrived , I at first didn't know how to respond , guilt, apprehension ? But at least everything and everyone involved was ok , or I hope he is . I haven't seen anything for sale from this seller since so I hope he's ok.

Life can be difficult, hope you get a response Jonko , and a positive result 

Edited by Happy Feet
Social source share

17 hours ago, Soul16 said:

I'm in a similar situation with the same seller, he assured me that my record would be posted last Thursday, no tracking details yet though.

I think if two of you are having an issue with the same seller here on ss then I’m sure ss can step in to resolve?

personally…..only death is an excuse for no contact!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

48 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I think if two of you are having an issue with the same seller here on ss then I’m sure ss can step in to resolve?

personally…..only death is an excuse for no contact!

Ha ha, I agree!! IN which case I can forget it!! but hopefully that is not the case. I am just going to message him on FB and see what response I get.

Social source share

ok current status is that there are 3 members awaiting 45s from this seller

I did ask him last week before all this to repost a badly formatted sales post - which may be why the 'Rodd K 45' post showed up

As he is now back on line and active am going to pm him and will close this topic temporary

Do believe it is more a case of very poor selling drills rather than any fraudulent activity so hopefully be sorted in a  day or so!

cheers

mike

• Up vote 2
Social source share