New Cover Up, Known?

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

found this great "garage" soul record a couple weeks ago, what do you think?

Not sure why but reminds me a tiny bit of the Jokers on Skofield.

Thorsten thumbsup.gif

Didn't someone post this up not long ago, sounds familiar. Either that, or I bet it the b side to an under played cheapie?

(Could only get it to play by down loadin & renaming it to .rm from .rmm)

Social source share

I like it!

Just found a garage type soul record myself...complete unknown by 'The Avengers' called 'No Wonder' on Mr.Genius. You have a soundclip for this, i love those garage soul records thumbsup.gif

By the way, imo, I can't see the point of c/ups nowadays.

It only makes sense, if you´re a dealer and you try to find more copies of an unknown record.

Edited by Thorsten Wegner
Social source share

Sorry Thorsten, I can't get my head around trying to work out how to do soundfiles. Look out for it if you can, the flip is great too!

I love the garage soul sound as well, missed a great one by '3's A Crowd' on Golden Voice the other day, went for $52....mean and moody mid-tempo called 'Nowhere'. Gonna try and get a copy of that if I can.

Love the one you posted up!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Didn't someone post this up not long ago, sounds familiar. Either that, or I bet it the b side to an under played cheapie?

(Could only get it to play by down loadin & renaming it to .rm from .rmm)

Heard it somewhere too........

Social source share

Me too! whistling.gif:wicked:

Don't cover up records.

better say don´t cover up if you don´t know how to do it.. :shades:

by the way do you like it?

I tried to find the band but failed, asked several local/TX record guys but nobody knew them, i have one name "Sanchez" but Austin phone book has a million Sanchez in it.

Anyway nice record me thinks.

Thorsten

Edited by Thorsten Wegner
Social source share

better say don´t cover up if you don´t know how to do it.. :wicked:

by the way do you like it?

I tried to find the band but failed, asked several local/TX record guys but nobody but knew them, i have one name "Sanchez" but Austin phone book has a million Sanchez in it.

Anyway nice record me thinks.

Thorsten

i like it thorsten but it is obviously white (to my ears). i also seriously think carl used to play it - sure i've heard it somewhere years ago.

why not contact the austin paper - they might well run a story about this crazy european dude trying to contact a long-forgotten texan band. it has worked for me before on a number of occasions thumbsup.gif

Social source share

i like it thorsten but it is obviously white (to my ears). i also seriously think carl used to play it - sure i've heard it somewhere years ago.

yes it´s a white group and it´s a typical texas recording me thinks, pretty loud& punchy snare drum & great organ too. Like Rocky Gil etc..

why not contact the austin paper - they might well run a story about this crazy european dude trying to contact a long-forgotten texan band. it has worked for me before on a number of occasions :thumbsup:

thanks, i will try that... :)

Social source share

Thanks for the tip on the Avengers, picked one up out in deepest PA where the label was from this morning for all of $20, it's GREAT, same label as the Del-Cords yellow issue, found that and the orange issue on Impala too, but the Avengers takes the biscuit for sure, good call fella! :shades:

Social source share

Thanks for the tip on the Avengers, picked one up out in deepest PA where the label was from this morning for all of $20, it's GREAT, same label as the Del-Cords yellow issue, found that and the orange issue on Impala too, but the Avengers takes the biscuit for sure, good call fella! :thumbsup:

You done well mate, there's one on Gemm for $68 and one went on Yahoo for $52.

I paid $20 for mine too....bargain!

Social source share

found this great "garage" soul record a couple weeks ago, what do you think?

Not sure why but reminds me a tiny bit of the Jokers on Skofield.

Thorsten thumbsup.gif

nice.........................reminds me of a tune called "please come back" by Harry Deal (i think thats was it was................had it about 15 years ago and sold it) .........may have been called ......I still love you ....memory is fading as we speak...........nice white tune anyway soulbruvva !

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Anyone ever played (or heard) the Cordells 'Love Is Where It Is' out at a soul night? It's a great atmospheric moody Northern/Garage group dancer. It's the flip to their (fairly) well known 'You Do A Thing To My Mind'.

Tim Brown lists 'Love Is Where It Is' as the 'play' side.post-4912-1174131526_thumb.jpg

post-4912-1174131818_thumb.jpg

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert