Warning - Scammers using emails for off site scam

Mike

Just had a member fall victim to the f&f scam where people answer wants posted and ask for payment via f&f for a non-existant 45

However this time they used the members public email address and did everything by email rather than the use the actual site

here's the message we just got

----------------------------------------------------------

Please understand that I am not complaining about this site, which has always been excellent. But there is something new and nefarious that members should know about.

I want to raise awareness that I have been contacted (and scammed) after posting a want here recently. I was contacted directly by email–I thought this might be a new thing on Soul Source–and offered the record. I payed PayPal Friends and Family–let's face it, many of us have done this for years without problem. This "seller" asked for my wants and offered NM versions for good prices. Thankfully I said I would wait for the first record to arrive before ordering more. He pressured me into buying at least one more, more ore less proving he was a scammer. Then this morning I got a message from someone else offering me another of these wants, that only the first person would have recently known about. The scammers' names and emails are:

George Jackman georgejackman21@gmail.com

Peter Collin petercollin167@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

There's a Facebook 'vinyl vigilante' thread about this person. The post was made just a few days ago:

Someone contacted me from Discogs this morning via my email address ?,

Saying that he had a few of my wants, and would I be interested in buying them from him ?, his Discogs name is George Funkus, he said his real name is George jackman, and he apparently lives in Belfast, his email address is georgejackman21@gmail.com

I asked if he would send me some photos of the records, of which he sent via a link, he joined Discogs in May of this month and has no selling feedback or buying feedback,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1484989138379594/posts/3518099195068568/

Social source share

Source Advert