1st Night Melton Mowbray Polish Club -Same old problem!!

Vadnochka

I had to laugh - For the best part a cracking 1st night but as usual the fact that none of the 4 DJ's had got Breakout / Queen of fools / Helen Shapiro or Paul Anka - Get there - all asked for by a group sitting together but repeatedly individually asked by the same 3 guys. Chris Frost flown in from Jersey with 150 killers as those that know know. Great spots from John Coupland and Barry Morley and a not too shabby contribution from older Frost brother Steve in their 3 hr double decking got the 'call yourself a dj' treatment. 

Hopefully the guy's who did attend and offered comments like ' Hairs on my neck mate - awesome etc will return for Sept. at the Melton British Legion - The original venue but closed for electrical work and the Polish club stepped in to save the night.

Even my Mrs was pleasantly surprised at the turn-out and response to some quite frankly rare offerings and thankfully for him the guy that called the promoter and asked whether Steve Frost would be playing mainstream sounds - by which he meant sounds that to all intents and purposes were played out by 1972 ( his domain - he plays on the fact he's known me for over 50yrs but won't countenance anything post '74 )

Local - playing everywhere at each others venues hovering for an invite - It won't happen.

Keep posted on here for  future details

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 01/08/2023 at 13:23, Vadnochka said:

I had to laugh - For the best part a cracking 1st night but as usual the fact that none of the 4 DJ's had got Breakout / Queen of fools / Helen Shapiro or Paul Anka - Get there - all asked for by a group sitting together but repeatedly individually asked by the same 3 guys. Chris Frost flown in from Jersey with 150 killers as those that know know. Great spots from John Coupland and Barry Morley and a not too shabby contribution from older Frost brother Steve in their 3 hr double decking got the 'call yourself a dj' treatment. 

Hopefully the guy's who did attend and offered comments like ' Hairs on my neck mate - awesome etc will return for Sept. at the Melton British Legion - The original venue but closed for electrical work and the Polish club stepped in to save the night.

Even my Mrs was pleasantly surprised at the turn-out and response to some quite frankly rare offerings and thankfully for him the guy that called the promoter and asked whether Steve Frost would be playing mainstream sounds - by which he meant sounds that to all intents and purposes were played out by 1972 ( his domain - he plays on the fact he's known me for over 50yrs but won't countenance anything post '74 )

Local - playing everywhere at each others venues hovering for an invite - It won't happen.

Keep posted on here for  future details

We did pitch up on Saturday, what's the date in Sept plz Steve?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!