Darby & Joan Ride Again Wednesday Afternoons ?

Nothing wrong with afternoon events. When clubs had to stop niters coz of council / police attention, they'd move to dayers instead & we were quite happy to go along to these ... though going to venues such as the Windmill in Rotherham on a hot sunny summer afternoon (with the sun sneaking round the room's curtains & lighting up the whole room) did rather dilute the atmosphere.

Some do's out our way are now Sunday afternoon / evening affairs & are great events -- the Banbury EASE YOUR MIND soul do being one such great venue.

So afternoons are fine with me (any day of the week too) ... mind you, I am 74.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

34 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

Don't see any harm in it personally. I have no real desire to Dj but myself and a mate have often talked about finding somewhere where like minded souls could meet in an afternoon and bring along a few records ,not just northern to play and listen and chat about soul music in all its genres. Dancefloor not a essential, kinda like when you have a couple of mates round . Before someone else says it I'd call it  Chin Strokers Corner  🤔🤔 😇

Wednesdays are a very bland day so what a fine idea. Pubs are mainly free In The afternoons save from a few gambling maniacs screaming at horses.

Any self respecting publican would put on grits and chittlin. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Chalky said:

The number of people pretending they are 18, coming out of a niter sh*t faced and looking like they have just been dug up is decreasing year upon year.  As I said the scene as we knew for many it has gone, many can get their fix without the drugs and wasting the best part of a week recovering.  Just enjoy what there is however you wish to enjoy it.

Yep, what I was saying. 

Social source share

I would assume this is the event details copied from the Events Section , sounds good to me , hope it's a success .

Third Summer Music presents afternoon soul sessions every single Wednesday at The Lower Turks Head, a wonderful heritage pub in the centre of Manchester.

In addition to sets from our regular soul spinners, Open Decks slots are available for anyone who wants to bring some records down! (Bringing your own cartridges preferred but not mandatory; digital decks + laptop also available)

2pm til 8pm every Wednesday, followed by our open mic night 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!