Coping with the loss of a pet.....

Wilxy

1 hour ago, Wilxy said:

I'm sorry if this topic is slightly off-track, however I've had my one and only pet dog Taffy for over 17 years....He is truly my best friend, however has undergone 2 operations in the last couple of years to remove a benign tumour from his jaw, the last procedure being in March this year which has sadly failed, and now his only option is to be put out of his pain and misery is to be put to sleep, which sadly is arranged for Monday afternoon....I am absolutely distraught, and almost feel guilty of playing God....How does one cope?????

Hi  , it is a horrible time but you are doing the best for him stopping his suffering. Remember that you have  been lucky to have had him in your life for so long. I feel your pain mate. Derek

Social source share

Horrible time for you so sorry to hear it. We have been through it five times with our dogs over the years never gets easier. Give them the best life you can is all you can do, Only downside to having a dog is that their lives are always shorter than ours.After our last dog died with cancer nearly three years ago, we had another a few weeks later. If it is possible for you to do it I would recommend having another when you are ready which is down to the individual but it works for us, It certainly helps you to move on and think of the future which is better than thinking about the past which you can do nothing about.

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Mike buddy; all who have animals on here will know...

You may remember that we had horses, show jumping / eventing etc.

Saying goodbye to them was hard, but as others say; that responsibility is yours.

Don't shirk it pal; animals companionship, loyalty and love is unquestionable.

Be brave. I'll think of you and say some quiet words.

Your mate from yonks ago,   kev

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Algsoul said:

Dogs all my life    so sad when the time comes

I've had dogs all my life too - losing them never gets any easier, but you have to put your pet first. You'll know instinctively when the time comes that you need to make that difficult decision. I've always been there to hold my dogs right to the very end - it's so hard, but your pet needs the reassurance of you being there for them. My heart goes out to you Wilxy - I've been there so many times. 💔💔

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!