myths or twaddle?

Go to solution Solved by Wheelsville1,

Myth or twaddle?

When I was very young, I was told of a collector of soul records who had every Motown or was it Detroit soul record. Nobody really knew him as he had no connection to the northern scene. Most probably, nowhere near the truth, but I often wondered who the mysterious ‘London taxi driver’ was -  Keyser Söze?

Social source share

• Solution
9 minutes ago, Simon T said:

Myth or twaddle?

When I was very young, I was told of a collector of soul records who had every Motown or was it Detroit soul record. Nobody really knew him as he had no connection to the northern scene. Most probably, nowhere near the truth, but I often wondered who the mysterious ‘London taxi driver’ was -  Keyser Söze?

His name is Tom Creedon,to my knowledge he collected everything from Detroit,not just soul but pop garage etc.

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Some how I got a wants list of Tom's,  it had all sorts of obscure labels with numbers and also known labels with tracks id never heard of. wish i could find it now. I have an idea Gilly knew him and had been to his house years ago 

Edited by Ted Massey
Social source share

12 hours ago, Wheelsville1 said:

His name is Tom Creedon,to my knowledge he collected everything from Detroit,not just soul but pop garage etc.

think its spelt Tom Creeden  (it is in other posts)

good chance that he may be an active member, as we do have  a member using that name

and if so am sure that he is aware of this topic and will comment if he wishes

but if doesn't want to comment then perhaps it be best if we simply respect his wishes not to comment and leave the topic as it is?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!