Discogs - US listing - ridiculous - Scam ?

Listing today on Discogs from USA

Jo Jama - $80

Constellations - $80

Young Ladies - $81

Imperial C's - $80

Soul Experience - $79

TAVASCO - $79

Carol Anderson - $81

Holly St. James - $80

Cecil Washington - $80

Papa Bear - $79

Gene Toones - $80

Tearra - $80

Rita & Tiaras - $81

Bee Vee & Honey Bee $81

+ others 

All these above are from same seller 

MELISSAZAVALA

There are others today at similar prices from other sellers - Fuller Bros / Otis Lee etc

Sincerely hope there are no mugs out there

Social source share

11 hours ago, Benji said:

???

What's so "pot and kettle" about making aware of a scammer account on Discogs?

He’s conflating someone selling records which are - in his view - overpriced with organised criminals deliberately setting out to defraud victims.

There’s a clear difference, which is evident to most I suspect. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

His username for today is haroldjaohnson  https://www.discogs.com/user/haroldjaohnson  313 items up at the mo

I suspect that will disappear in a couple of hours or less.

Generic description for everything is . . .

"Looks Great and sounds excellent. In excellent VG -NM condition. Fast worldwide shipping with tracking"

Update : Now has no items for sale.

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Just pointing out that as Odd Fellows Soul replied (Tavasco) that unless you have a broad database or an inquisitive mind you will pick up the odd title listing that you want listed on the internet, unaware that it maybe is included in a similar price point  long list of patently not available 45's.

Ref my pricing - As someone who has been dj'ing / collecting for 53yrs and who gets descended upon in double quick time when I go out in the wild with a sales box and who has never owned more than 400 sounds at any one time - never been able to own them all and as those that Know - Know I churn my collection to be able to provide numerous play lists when out and that prior to the advent of 'PRICE GUIDES' - my big black index book that I carried all over the land in the 1991 - 1997 period was the go to reference point for those 'In the know'  - I occasionally get it wrong - as we all do - net result - no sale 

Social source share

similar sort of thing happen here 

Bee Vee And The Honey Bee for $45 lol ask for a scan.... got nothing then few hours later it was removed from my basket lol. Gone to check now and the seller below has had his account deleted.  Dont know why they bother. 

OrvilleReilly

Social source share

they are even faking tracking numbers to look like the records are in transit, I purchased one from discogs from USA and they put up a tracking number which showed it was delivered on the day before I purchased the record, paypal closed my case in the sellers favour so I had to phone them up and explain, how the f**k can a record that I ordered and paid for a day ago from the USA be delivered and signed by someone else 2 days ago, I got my money refunded straight away after phoning them.

they are putting decent $200+ records up for sale for $80 - $90 to tempt you just be careful and watch out for the new seller accounts with 0 feedback or not yet rated

Screenshot 2023-04-11 140240.jpg

Edited by Brummie
Social source share

1 hour ago, Brummie said:

they are even faking tracking numbers to look like the records are in transit, I purchased one from discogs from USA and they put up a tracking number which showed it was delivered on the day before I purchased the record, paypal closed my case in the sellers favour so I had to phone them up and explain, how the f**k can a record that I ordered and paid for a day ago from the USA be delivered and signed by someone else 2 days ago, I got my money refunded straight away after phoning them.

they are putting decent $200+ records up for sale for $80 - $90 to tempt you just be careful and watch out for the new seller accounts with 0 feedback or not yet rated

Screenshot 2023-04-11 140240.jpg

FUNNY PAYPAL BLOCKED HIS ACCOUNT I REPORTED HIM TO DISCOGS NOTHING FOR SALE NOW ...GET A JOB

Social source share

Just a thought - never imagined response - particularly as someone had a pop about my prices 

Also got lots of satisfied buyers and remarkably my 45's exist - in fact 1 title I sold last year and apparently never got delivered on sp. del in UK was for sale from the same post code a few weeks ago - funny thing that !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!