Bruce Springsteen in the new TOP500 ?

Tlscapital

Sorry to come up again with this scam/pollution/crap over debated topic so out of what some of us truly do not care for as far as music, scene/tribe or sub-culture phenomenon is concerned but I was told this last Thursday evening at a small do with friends as a laughable subject evidently and yet I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Came back to my mind just now and went on to Popsike it and got gobsmacked realizing it was true (sic.) Not once nor twice but many a time. To laugh or to cry about. This is only a screen capture capable to take what my screen allows to see but scroll it down and there's more of it with auction prices decreasing some... But still 'out of this world' IMO !

Capturedcran2023-03-2619_34_19.thumb.png.a29fe79c63055bf0cec26ad44126f1fe.png

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

OK I was told that too, on Thursday when I heard the story, that he had his fans (like people of the worst kind) but here we only have UK sellers on both the eVilBay and Datcogs for this "given away" (some state 100 pressed-up copies others state 300) European pressing.

That was won by some while purchasing the LP from the official Columbia site apparently (if I got the story right) and so all those high bidders would only be Springsteen fans bidding away on what is likely the most ugly rare record pressed of the Bruce Springsteen ?

Because it is utterly an ugly artefact and not only a pathetic cover of a northern tune killed to death for too long. But if that's the case my apologies to those who'd have fallen into the category of 'northern soul' nutters that I'd have presume would be at fault for bidding on it.

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Solidsoul said:

I would of thought true Bruce Springsteen fans would see these cover versions of classic soul records as a sell-out.

Usually his records sound like redneck light rock with a voice like Silvester Stallone in Rocky!

That could very well be and it was also my thought at first but then got to think about what I named 'fans of the worse kind' like the ones out there for Elvis Presley that have to have it ALL at any cost$.

This sort of 'fans' have no limits in what ever there is to have. And even if Bruce S. recording sessions are prolific at one time true hardcore dedicated splashing money for a Peruvian pressing must reach bottom.

Finally not so 'red neck' as you might think. He's 'social' "conscious". Not 'left wing' but 'lefty' like in the Democrat party spectrum (Obama). His fans know because he doesn't keep his opinions to himself only.

Like you I'm lead to believe that most of his public is R'n'R orientated but surely his fans (of the worse kind at least) will follow him anywhere he goes. But still the spectre of evil NS could also be at work here. 

Social source share

10 hours ago, Solidsoul said:

I would of thought true Bruce Springsteen fans would see these cover versions of classic soul records as a sell-out.

Usually his records sound like redneck light rock with a voice like Silvester Stallone in Rocky!

They probably did, it’d be the divs the scene is full of buying this.

So much good soul music out there that is ignored and we have to talk about this crap all the time. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tlscapital said:

...Elvis Presley that have to have it ALL at any cost$.

This sort of 'fans' have no limits in what ever there is to have. And even if Bruce S. recording sessions are prolific at one time true hardcore dedicated splashing money for a Peruvian pressing must reach bottom.

Any label collectors with something to say? Now, if only I could find a Peruvian Loma!

Social source share

5 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Any label collectors with something to say? Now, if only I could find a Peruvian Loma!

FWIW I only know of a bootleg for the Surinamese market printed of the Enchanters 'we got love' as pictured here below as the most "exotic" Loma I've seen. Likely pressed at Inelco in Belgium.

But have not seen a Jamaican Loma yet (these guys loved to borrow USA labels for one shot labels), nor Mexican or other countries who would release them if ever on Warner Brothers then.

Capturedcran2023-03-2716_40_27.thumb.png.7d161959849727b5e1bb031ce855ec98.png

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

34 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

FWIW I only know of a bootleg for the Surinamese market printed of the Enchanters 'we got love' as pictured here below as the most "exotic" Loma I've seen. Likely pressed at Inelco in Belgium.

But have not seen a Jamaican Loma yet (these guys loved to borrow USA labels for one shot labels), nor Mexican or other countries who would release them if ever on Warner Brothers then.

I have that. Collector/dealer Rob Messer pointed me towards it at the Utrecht Record Fair more than 10 years ago. Then Craig Hughes - the late and sadly missed DJ iMod - showed me a copy, and I did a trade:

The Romeos - Mon petit chow Vs The Enchanters Boot.

The deal was in his favour, of course, but I wanted it. Seen so many copies since, but happy to have got mine from Mr iMod. Since his demise, it has so much meaning to me.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!