• Views 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Simon

Nice tune i think have it on Liberty Records 66102 - 1965 what do you lot think

Think my copy is on Imperial! :lol:

Great tune, haven't heard it a venue for a good few years, maybe time for a reactivation!

Simon thumbsup.gif

Social source share

no need to be snotty with the boy.

just a few punctuation glitches that don't really obscure meaning...

REPHRASED:

"A nice tune I think.

I have it on Liberty Records 66102 -1965

What do you lot think?"

a great record paul. I first heard it on a kent album in the 80's.

one of the good things about vinyl & cd releases acquainting

& re-acquainting you top notch sounds.

best,

M

Social source share

Nice tune i think have it on Liberty Records 66102 - 1965 what do you lot think

Cracking version of the old Benny Spellman number penned by Allan Toussaint. If ya got it on Liberty I take it it's a Brit copy Paul?.... If ya dig it out, flip it over for a wonderful Beat Ballad "Think It Over Baby" :wicked:

Steve

Social source share

Guest MonkeyMod

Love this - especially as it was on the first Kent LP I ever got back in 1984ish. Twenty three years later it still sounds fantastic.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Indeed is UK copy and to me perfect as any US or UK originals is what we need. Great help to hear it played on the scene as i not know all songs played out and only you lot can help but sadly i hate to ask all the time.

Don't want you all to think i know jack shit, but i have learned a lot in 5 years getting into Northern Soul more

Social source share

Indeed is UK copy and to me perfect as any US or UK originals is what we need. Great help to hear it played on the scene as i not know all songs played out and only you lot can help but sadly i hate to ask all the time.

Don't want you all to think i know jack shit, but i have learned a lot in 5 years getting into Northern Soul more

Paul,

It's a bloody great record (I'm a big O'Jays fan and started an O'Jays appreciation thread on here a few months ago), but what does it matter if other people (as in 'you lot') rate it or not?

No need to seek the approval of others. If it moves you then that's all that matters, surely!

Sean

Social source share

I have "Lipstick traces" on the "coming through" LP on Imperial which I feel is a fantastic lp, well worth owning, with some nice mid-tempo tunes on it! :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert