Paul Anka rare RCA uk issue

On 02/03/2023 at 13:34, Kev John said:

This was found by my good friend in a charity shop this morning in Newcastle-Under-Lyme 

For the sum of £1

people who know him will know who he is !

Nice to hear Paul Anka again. 
thank you for sharing, 😊

think you got a real bargain, we’ll done you 

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Tobytyke said:

I know we all have different tastes but to me

I cant help loving you....brilliant northern soul

When we get there ....awful pop music.

I'm not so sure , 

"I Can't Help Loving You" was originally covered up , Danny Wagner ? I think.long time ago maybe wrong .

If "When We Get There" , was covered or recorded by any other artist would you still feel the same .

This guy sang and wrote some of the most revered songs of all time including "MyWay" for Frank Sinatra , but this particular tune was ignored by the pop music world , isn't that what Northern Soul at the time was all about , not a rant just a different opinion.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

I'm not so sure , 

"I Can't Help Loving You" was originally covered up , Danny Wagner ? I think.long time ago maybe wrong .

If "When We Get There" , was covered or recorded by any other artist would you still feel the same .

This guy sang and wrote some of the most revered songs of all time including "MyWay" for Frank Sinatra , but this particular tune was ignored by the pop music world , isn't that what Northern Soul at the time was all about , not a rant just a different opinion.

I think CHLY it was covered up a Johnny Caswell, but only for a very short while, so not 100% on that.

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!