Buying Records from Spain.

Bruv

Anyone had any experience of buying records from Spain and how long they can take to arrive, I have been waiting now since buying a record for three weeks and according to the tracking the package hasn't moved since January 27th, seriously thinking of asking for a refund if nothing happens soon. 

Social source share

Brought the Paul Kelly latest Soul4Real release last week (15th Feb) & it arrived yesterday direct from Spain. So very quick service. 

Edited by John Siret
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

In reverse, 45s from UK to the Netherlands often take five weeks to arrive. Worse, I'm still optimistically waiting on a bundle of four 45s sent last October. Obviously the UK postal service had a very serious problem over the last couple of months with the ransomware attack, and is apparently getting its house in order now.

At the same time, the Kent Loma box set sent from the UK arrived in good time. That was sent using a tracking facility, which is a relevant point.

My point is that anything going in or out of the UK is nowadays subject to delays. Your package might get picked up for investigation by Customs or it might not. My view is that if purchases are sent via a track/trace service - in either direction - there is less chance of a delay if a low financial value is declared.

After all, Customs officers - regardless of which country they are in - are more interested in packages where the value is higher than allowed but duty/VAT hasn't yet been paid. That's easy work. And likewise, as is too often the case, there appear to be many opportunities where duty/VAT can be collected for a second time in the country of delivery - that's certainly been my experience using eBay.

If you're in the UK and buy from the EU, expect delays. If you're in the EU and buy from the UK, expect delays. Or, as I've done in the main, avoid buying from the UK – and the same applies for UK buyers.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!