CHUCK JACKSON RIP

Ian Parker

2 hours ago, Ian Parker said:

unconfirmed reports that C.J. has passed.     anyone here got definite news?  very sad, if true. . . . . 

1 hour ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

thanks for sharing

yet more sad news, seems a never ending flow at times

as been said a true legend

RIP Chuck

chuck-jackson.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

RIP Chuck.

When I first got into the music in 1983 I played 'I only get this feeling' from the 'Out on the Streets Again' album over and over.

6 months later I'm standing 3 foot away from him at Morecambe Pier watching him live. He picked up an old beer towel off the stage and dropped it on my head. Kept for years!

Here's a fine tune....

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Just read the news that a true legend has passed away. Reading down the tributes says it all. I was thinking of mentioning a tune but each post above was inspiring, as I got to each one I thought,  "that's a good tune"  (didn't need to play them)  same with the next and so on.  An exceptional performer - RIP Chuck Jackson.

Hump

Social source share

A short statement from Dionne Warwick: 

“Another heartache has come my way. Chuck Jackson has made his transition. He was my label mate on Scepter Records and was like a big brother to me. I’ll truly miss his daily calls checking on me and his wonderful voice. Rest in heavenly peace my dear friend" - Dionne Warwick, February 20th, 2023

Source: https://www.einpresswire.com/article/618066427/statement-from-dionne-warwick-regarding-singer-chuck-jackson

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Age gets us all and his recording days were already sadly long gone. If we have been deprived of extra records it's because record executives decided he was too old or too out of style to fit with the times when he was still at his peak. More fool them.

He leaves an amazing legacy that will continue to feed the souls of those who listen and move the feet of dancers everywhere. RIP.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!