Northern Soul on Sky's Funny Woman

Watching the first episode of the new Sky comedy series, Funny Woman, and at about 15 minutes in the soundtrack is Larry Laster 'Go for yourself'.

Bit of a clanger though as the setting for the episode is 1964 and Larry Laster's tune wouldn't get a release in the States until May 1966 and, of course, there was no contemporary UK release. Still, hearing it was an unexpected delight!

No idea if anything else interesting was played as I gave up on the show about 10 minutes later.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

How dare they trying to fool the Loma man like that ? No-no-no. I feel ya. Likely better entertainment if ever on 'Poker Face' episode 5 'time of the monkey' kicking in with Jackie Shane 'any other way' playing then all along during the episode my favorite of him/er 'coming' down'.

American comedy show of 'modern' type likely with hipsters involvement accessing the Numero Group catalog but in this episode echoing the 'love power' era they're placing in the seventies (?) so even more serious decades overall mismatch for contemporary 'decor' setting than yours.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

20 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

No idea if anything else interesting was played as I gave up on the show about 10 minutes later.

Trying to watch my first episode of that 'funny Woman' now and am going to 'zap' to something else. Never will try to watch any other episode of that again. 'Poker face' is much more entertaining IMO.

Social source share

4 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Trying to watch my first episode of that 'funny Woman' now and am going to 'zap' to something else. Never will try to watch any other episode of that again. 'Poker face' is much more entertaining IMO.

Yes, it's very weak. I thought with the 1960s setting and all that comes with it - or should come with it - that the show might be interesting. Very disappointing.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!