Football Season 2022/23 cont...

Mike

10 minutes ago, Gillian123 said:

I'm an Everton fan unfortunately unless lady luck is on our side we are doomed . If we do get relegated half of the players will either be out of contact and leave like Jordan pickford but where or who would buy him 

Our fan base is convinced we are down and so does Leeds, someone must be wrong.😂

Social source share

For probably the first time ever in over 50years of following my club I'm utterly ashamed of them. To see us rolling over and seeing Everton Leeds and forest show fight is galling to say the least. It's not the championship that bothers me I think it's a great league it's the fact a lot of our over paid jellyfish will walk away with huge bank accounts. Back to basics for us next year and whatever the results hopefully a team I can have pride in. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Source said:

Almost at the end of this season

Any one for a Saturday morning wrap up?

A Man City triple?

Views on the whole season ?

Next season?

Man city cannot win a treble today , but the BHOYS in GREEN can , COME ON THE HOOPS , HAIL HAIL 

Social source share

On 03/06/2023 at 09:51, Steviehay said:

our worst season since 2016,bobby gone too hopefully mr klopp will build again ,some sad results at the bottom leeds destined to go as for cup man u to nick it otherwise we will never hear the end of it 

It is no good rebuilding when the wall is down , Ferguson and now Guardiola seem to re tweak every season and keep the players on their toes , Klopp has let them go stale and they seem run into the ground with his style of play , some serious money to spend on the midfield in particular.

Whatever people say about City's spending it has been money well spent not like the millions that have been thrown at Chelsea and only get no reward.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, Mod Life Crisis said:

Hope it isn't but fear you are right. I'm will be out there and have the match ticket in hand. If we win, the past 38 years of following them home and away are vindicated. If we lose.....

I hope your team lifts the trophy. After 38 years of support you deserve it. 

Social source share

19 hours ago, Monny1916 said:

And they duly obliged, what a world record to have, hail hail 

What is your take on Spurs swooping for your manager? Things didn't go so well for the last treble winning manager from Celtic to join the Premier League (or, in the long term, the English football club that signed them). Spurs to be relegated in two seasons time anyone? 

Social source share

10 hours ago, Soulfusion said:

What is your take on Spurs swooping for your manager? Things didn't go so well for the last treble winning manager from Celtic to join the Premier League (or, in the long term, the English football club that signed them). Spurs to be relegated in two seasons time anyone? 

You don't really think that the premier League board, var and sky would allow spurs to be relegated surely.🤔

Social source share

22 hours ago, Soulfusion said:

i actually think Ange will do ok , as Brendan did in the beginning with both premier teams ,    but also by youre reckoning shall we get our money on Spurs to lift the FA cup 

Social source share

11 minutes ago, Monny1916 said:

i actually think Ange will do ok , as Brendan did in the beginning with both premier teams ,    but also by youre reckoning shall we get our money on Spurs to lift the FA cup 

As much as I never took to him he won the fa cup finished 5th twice and reached a European semi final, he seems a 3 year manager.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

As much as I never took to him he won the fa cup finished 5th twice and reached a European semi final, he seems a 3 year manager.

Not really sure what happened at Leicester for them to deteriorate so badly, but I don't think the owner has the same passion as his dear old dad (rip ) 

Social source share

4 minutes ago, Monny1916 said:

Not really sure what happened at Leicester for them to deteriorate so badly, but I don't think the owner has the same passion as his dear old dad (rip ) 

Too long a story to be of interest to anybody but Leicester fans, a mixture of things, terrible contract situation, COVID effects on king power, complacency and other things.

Leicester fans are ready to reset and go again, it's our football DNA. Cheers 

Social source share

17 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

You don't really think that the premier League board, var and sky would allow spurs to be relegated surely.🤔

The Man City fans were saying the premier league, var the refs would deny City the League and the F.A. cup that did not work out .

Edited by Shinehead
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Shinehead said:

The Man City fans were saying the premier league, var the refs would deny City the League and the F.A. cup that did not work out .

Man city are in the do what you want club along with several others, join the super League no problems, come running back no sanctions etc etc etc.

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

Man city are in the do what you want club along with several others, join the super League no problems, come running back no sanctions etc etc etc.

You could be right but the comparison I was trying to make was you posting that Spurs would not be allowed to be relegated because who they are and the premier league etc would help them avoid  that however crap Spurs were.

Social source share

Just now, Shinehead said:

You could be right but the comparison I was trying to make was you posting that Spurs would not be allowed to be relegated because who they are and the premier league etc would help them avoid  that however crap Spurs were.

And I believe that to be true.

The premier league is a group of 7and 13 looking to survive. My point is the group of 7 are protected.

Social source share

20 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

And I believe that to be true.

The premier league is a group of 7and 13 looking to survive. My point is the group of 7 are protected.

I suppose Newcastle are now in the top 7 but before the new owners they bounced up and down the divisions like Zebedee but now they have protection from relegation ! surely you do not believe that .

Edited by Shinehead
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Shinehead said:

I suppose Newcastle are now in the top 7 but before the new owners they bounced up and down the divisions like Zebedee but now the have protection from relegation, surely you do not believe that .

I believe the premier League would truly like to protect its biggest assets. 

Do you believe wolves Fulham and the like would have been allowed straight back in if they had left to join a more lucrative league.

Any major organisation will try to protect what it sees as it's honeypots. The premier League without city united spurs lpool Chelsea is not sellable abroad.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

I believe the premier League would truly like to protect its biggest assets. 

Do you believe wolves Fulham and the like would have been allowed straight back in if they had left to join a more lucrative league.

Any major organisation will try to protect what it sees as it's honeypots. The premier League without city united spurs lpool Chelsea is not sellable abroad.

I think trying to help a team not to be relegated is totally different from not taking action against teams that tried to join a super league.

But we will beg to differ so no point debating any further, but good luck to Leicester in their quest back the Premier League.

Social source share

1 minute ago, Shinehead said:

I think trying to help a team not to be relegated is totally different from not taking action against teams that tried to join a super league.

But we will beg to differ so no point debating any further, but good luck to Leicester in their quest back the Premier League.

Thanks, football is football, I can live without the premier League. Cheers 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Shinehead said:

Hope they get the manager situation sorted it seems to have been a bit of a lottery in the past.

Graham Potter ?

Knowing us more like Harry potter.

Seriously though really don't want a recently retired top pro or someone off the usual merry go round.

Younger hungry lower league or someone from abroad.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Well done West Ham , on tonight's victory in " The Inconvenient Thursday Night League " (moved to Wednesday night to suit TV programming ) , 

Fiorintina where nothing more than your typical ( don't read the next sentence if your Italian ) dive merchants , I think the hardest challenge all night on a  Fiorintina player , was when they equalised and the guy who scored stayed on his feet when barged from behind in the celebration by one of his own team members, no rolling around or struggling to breath like he'd been tackled by Stuart Pierce lol.

Seriously 14 games to get to a European final is going to take its toll , on any football team , plus the pressure of the Premier League , FA Cup , remember Kidderminster Harriers, so well done , you deserve it. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 07/06/2023 at 11:40, Leicester Boy said:

Too long a story to be of interest to anybody but Leicester fans, a mixture of things, terrible contract situation, COVID effects on king power, complacency and other things.

Leicester fans are ready to reset and go again, it's our football DNA. Cheers 

To allow all those players to be out of contract at the same time is ludicrous, someone's head should role.  Is there 7 or 8?  Plus some of the top players will leave, Maddison, Barnes...Vardy maybe?  I fear for them really, can see them struggling this coming season.

Social source share

I wonder why the two lesser European trophies are somewhat derided?  When it was Eufa and Cup Winners Cup they were highly respected?  I know the early games can be a bit Mickey Mouse but the later stages now usually have top teams involved.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I wonder why the two lesser European trophies are somewhat derided?  When it was Eufa and Cup Winners Cup they were highly respected?  I know the early games can be a bit Mickey Mouse but the later stages now usually have top teams involved.

Really weird the attitude to them, ask west ham fans their thoughts, personally was gutted when we lost to roma in the semis last year.

Bit of football snobbery me thinks.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

I understand where you're coming from but how many teams apart from Man U . can sustain a year in these Thursday night Euro comps. / Sunday/ Monday Premier League, fans being dragged around all over Europe from as early as the beginning of August , just to qualify , probably 2 days off work , it all smacks of Uefa greed with no consideration for the welfare of the clubs or the fans involved, probably both who have a limited budget .

How many teams have gone on a downward slide following a Uefa League  Thursday night campaign? I bet more than those who've stayed in the top half of the Premier League over the years , just my opinion as a Bolton fan , yes we have played once or twice in Europe and look how that panned out 

If Uefa had made it an old fashioned knock out tournament like it used to be maybe people would be more interested before the Final .

Social source share

12 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

Really weird the attitude to them, ask west ham fans their thoughts, personally was gutted when we lost to roma in the semis last year.

Bit of football snobbery me thinks.

Trust me, no snobbery at our end. They reckon we had something like 30k of us in Prague (and you couldn’t walk anywhere without seeing a West Ham fan; although I can’t vouch for the club offering us sex with a midget - had to guide my very drunk, married mate away from that one).

If you follow a team and they win a cup, I do not believe that the sheer joy you feel is any greater or less based on the “quality” of the competition. I could not have felt any more elation when Bowen’s goal went in if it had been in the Champions League Final.

If any of you are at Rugby next week and you see a very happy Cockney singing songs about cats and being champions of Europe, feel free to come over and say hello (or shut the f —- up!).

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Mod Life Crisis said:

Trust me, no snobbery at our end. They reckon we had something like 30k of us in Prague (and you couldn’t walk anywhere without seeing a West Ham fan; although I can’t vouch for the club offering us sex with a midget - had to guide my very drunk, married mate away from that one).

If you follow a team and they win a cup, I do not believe that the sheer joy you feel is any greater or less based on the “quality” of the competition. I could not have felt any more elation when Bowen’s goal went in if it had been in the Champions League Final.

If any of you are at Rugby next week and you see a very happy Cockney singing songs about cats and being champions of Europe, feel free to come over and say hello (or shut the f —- up!).

The first major trophy I saw Leicester win was the league cup in a replay at Hillsborough, the joy that night matched probably anything since. Enjoy it fella we support teams who are not going to have this feeling regular.😁👍

Social source share

11 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

I understand where you're coming from but how many teams apart from Man U . can sustain a year in these Thursday night Euro comps. / Sunday/ Monday Premier League, fans being dragged around all over Europe from as early as the beginning of August , just to qualify , probably 2 days off work , it all smacks of Uefa greed with no consideration for the welfare of the clubs or the fans involved, probably both who have a limited budget .

How many teams have gone on a downward slide following a Uefa League  Thursday night campaign? I bet more than those who've stayed in the top half of the Premier League over the years , just my opinion as a Bolton fan , yes we have played once or twice in Europe and look how that panned out 

If Uefa had made it an old fashioned knock out tournament like it used to be maybe people would be more interested before the Final .

Competing in Europe and PL, they should be able to with squads and money every team have, no excuses.  The recovery programs clubs have are second to none.  Thursday and a Sunday is no different to Wednesday and Saturday.  AS for dragging fans all over, Wednesday or Thursday, what's the difference?  Still have to take the same time off work that's what following your club around Europe involves.

I agree the league system in the beginning is all about money.  Get rid of the Mickey Mouse teams and then have a knock out with the better teams.  Play on the opposite week to Champions League too on a Wednesday but playing Thursday shouldn't be an issue as they simply play their league fixture on the Sunday. 

Social source share

Great achievement for City, probably the best team I've seen the football they have played over the last few years.

Inter pressed them high, made them work, they actually looked more like City do the way they pressed and on the clear chances they had should have scored twice at least.  If they could only stop with the play acting, looking for the foul etc and the dirty cynica fouling.

Social source share

On 11/06/2023 at 07:27, Chalky said:

Great achievement for City, probably the best team I've seen the football they have played over the last few years.

Inter pressed them high, made them work, they actually looked more like City do the way they pressed and on the clear chances they had should have scored twice at least.  If they could only stop with the play acting, looking for the foul etc and the dirty cynica fouling.

Was not the greatest final for the purists but a fascinating tactical battle to watch which I enjoyed but thought the longer the game went on City would eventually wear them down , but credit to Inter for fighting back and unlucky not to score late on .

And well done to City for the treble never look likely after the World Cup but fight to the end is no more apt than for this achievement .

Edited by Shinehead
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!