Gospel Botherers Real or Fake

Go to solution Solved by Paul-s,

Top ticket on this, lovely track, but has it been booted, is it a boot? HSS 107 V in the DW L.Nix Ardent.raised bevel, looks a bit new....price £100

Update....from the collection of Ted, who had some involvement flogging records to Malcolm McLaren and the Pistols at SEX on King's Rd.and had a recording studio. 

He's selling up and has half a ton of test pressings which I saw in the shop today, including a TP of Maggot Brain with all the spiel. (Mayking Records) There's two versions of this one with a different flip. 

Erring on the side of caution thanks Seanio 

1674828627255700188625498373523.jpg

16748286833642100470380405765998.jpg

Edited by Bunderthollox
Social source share

Had a copy with labels reversed (clicking through the Popsike listings, it seems to be the same for most if not all copies) for more than five years. It's also very shiny and new and looks identical to the one in the pics. 

Matrix number is HSS-107-Y (Not V). The rest of the runout details are the same. Sound fidelity is great.

Edited by Amsterdam Russ
Timeframe
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

20 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

How have you come to that conclusion?

Oh boots-Mayking..If they are boots, because the Maggot brain was run 13 years after the release.. Im asking..not telling :), my knowledge is pretty limited but many thanks for the info on the Gospel Travellers, I bought it home! 

Edited by Bunderthollox
Mistakes in grammar
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Bunderthollox said:

Oh boots-Mayking..If they are boots, because the Maggot brain was run 13 years after the release.. Im asking..not telling :), my knowledge is pretty limited but many thanks for the info on the Gospel Travellers, I bought it home! 

Ah, my mistake. I thought you were talking about the Gospel Travelers 45. Good deal you got there. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!