Enjoying a full all-nighter without gear is it possible?

A bit of honesty and truth required here, but can you honestly say that in the past or today you could thoroughly enjoy a full on all-nighter without a little help from souls favourite chemicals, I know we are all getting older and hopefully wiser , but I thought it would be a interesting topic to find out? Only honest replies please, LoL,

best wishes

ML

• Up vote 2
Social source share

my other passion was playing football. Saturday's and Sunday's and anytime i could during the week. as such i never 'did a full nighter stint'. Sunday morning kick off's...and sometimes a game in  the afternoon ( if called upon by another team who was short). I do vividly remember playing on one Sunday morning after a Saturday injury with what should have been a very painful ankle, and not feeling a thing...obviously the “medicine” worked

Edited by Kenb
Clarification
Social source share

1 hour ago, Kenb said:

my other passion was playing football. Saturday's and Sunday's and anytime i could during the week. as such i never 'did a full nighter stint'. Sunday morning kick off's...and sometimes a game in  the afternoon ( if called upon by another team who was short). I do vividly remember playing on one Sunday morning after a Saturday injury with what should have been a very painful ankle, and not feeling a thing...

I played until I was 35, many a dash from a nighter to turn out

Social source share

On 26/01/2023 at 17:43, Hooker1951 said:

I’m not going to take the 5th, my excuse or good fortune you might say is that every Soul night , all Dayer, all Nighter I visited or Dj ,d at I was spiked, I think whoever did it must have noticed that I seemed to enjoy it and carried on doing it.

keep on trucking

Mick L

It wasn't me mick honest 😂. Got to say it happens to me all the time ? Must be the company and friends around me but I don't mind it all fun and games. Hope your well and good mate .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

first alnighter at 15 yrs old , at wigan, went with big brother ( RIP MICK )

,who told me if he found me doing drugs,he would break my legs,so have never  touched them or ever felt the need to..,not sure if he would of broken my legs ,but rather glad he gave me that warning  ... 

Edited by Staceys Dad
Social source share

Never did an All-nighter without some gear,knew my limit and never exceeded it & always used the same supplier & was out most weekends.Im 72 now and still going out to northern nights every weekend but havent done a niter or any gear for last 20 years.Really miss that part of the scene but dont want to risk the old ticker going BOOM !!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Some good honest answers to my topic I hope LoL, No I applaud anyone who can truly enjoy an all nighter without any help from chemicals, especially those used to have help and do it without now, Never quite reaching those magic highs that they experienced before, I’m still of the opinion if your out for the night go for it, halfway house never did it for me, but everyone is different, and different again as life goes on , the main thing is if as long as your still getting the happiness and buzz out of the event that all that matters.

Don’t forget If you like what you do keep on doing it,

KR

Mick L

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Allnighters used to start at 10pm or midnight back in the day as well though mate. Found memories of going to Bradford and all meeting up at the services before hand. No sat navs, just a map the times we got lost trying to find venues but what a laugh great days .

• Up vote 2
Social source share

23 hours ago, Rhino said:

Allnighters used to start at 10pm or midnight back in the day as well though mate. Found memories of going to Bradford and all meeting up at the services before hand. No sat navs, just a map the times we got lost trying to find venues but what a laugh great days .

We us3d to get rain to Wigan from Manchester, for cleethorpes  we drove, arriving about 10pm into cleethorpes,  we got lost going to Loughborough, somehow we found most places yate,  Peterborough,  Leeds easy, as you say a great time finding places, but most weekends we were at Blackpool for the Mecca. 

Social source share

I did gear just about every niter in the 70s and early 80s,which involved most weekends. 

Later job and family responsibilities took over.

To clean myself up I started to take care of myself better,with exercise and decent food,more as an example to my kids.

I still love the scene and more importantly the records just as much.

I like to get out most weekends. 

Good clubs that aren't niters playing the right music i seek,fortunately are still about.

Although I still find niters tend to  play music more to my liking. 

I still don't do drugs but must admit to pro plus my choice to get me through the hours. 

Social source share

On 26/01/2023 at 17:43, Hooker1951 said:

I’m not going to take the 5th, my excuse or good fortune you might say is that every Soul night , all Dayer, all Nighter I visited or Dj ,d at I was spiked, I think whoever did it must have noticed that I seemed to enjoy it and carried on doing it.

keep on trucking

Mick L

Mick you have always been jammy, I spent most of the night moving from table to table with my pint pot - hoping and praying some good hearted soul would spike me ah .... It wouldn't be the same without , even the records sound better!

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!