Copied & posted from a post on facebook.....

Go to solution Solved by Amsterdam Russ,

Not my post, but copied & pasted from a post on facebook - thought it could be an interesting debate as today is National DJ Day...🙂

During a recent set, while I was back facing the decks, someone came by to check what I was spinning, quickly went away (faster than a ji*z, not even noticed), and shouted “bootleg” on the dancefloor.

Reality is, I was spinning a Test Press of an original and affordable record (no need to outline in here seller, venues it was played before, etc.).

Think I should have been asked the question in the first instance instead. Asker would have received a friendly and honest answer, and some more details about it.

This farce has been highly disrespectful, in my personal opinion.

Firstly to the dancers, enjoying themselves listening to the music and not to some random someone, shouting in the middle of a dancefloor, as if the World Cup was won. Probably they didn't even care about it.

Disrespectful to my team, with whom I partner and work along with very well - in particular I think to who invites me regularly, putting a lot of trust and caring of me as a friend first, and for the music then.

And lastly disrespected me, music passionate, and humble person.

Who’s done it, already went twice through my boxes. Should have known what I own, my taste, etc.

I am no soul police, nor I’m interested in getting involved with this kind of debates. I don’t care and I don’t judge what people play on their sets (OVO, reissues, boots, Mexican tostadas, pizzas, a piadina, porcelain dishes, re-vulcanised tyres, etc.) – their decision.

I’m a friendly person who collects records.

Someone likes me and/or my music, other don’t. That’s life.

I’m wasting my time writing this to put hands forward, just in case bulls*it rumours have been spread out for my future, if there’s any. Because…

In this mad and sometimes sad world, it’s so easy nowadays for people to shout angry (in person and on social media) to destroy reputations, to influence impressions on people you maybe don’t even know and make you basing your future personal interactions on this rubbish.

Being passionate is great, but extreme willyw@ving might lead to (as in this case) willyw@nking.

Peace & Love & Sausage Rolls

Social source share

45 minutes ago, Kathryn Magson said:

Not my post, but copied & pasted from a post on facebook - thought it could be an interesting debate as today is National DJ Day...🙂

what a terrible topic and have to say what a terrible idea to post it on here as well

best left on whatever facebook group you read it

get a grip please

topic closed - low quality!

• Up vote 3
Social source share