Little Charles - Charles 'Wigg' Walker Feature

Mike

The Tennessean website is running a fairly lengthy feature on Charles Wigg Walker aka Little Charles

Charles 'Wigg' Walker extends Nashville's soul music legacy on Lower Broadway

83-year-old Nashville native Charles "Wigg" Walker discusses maintaining Nashville's globally-renowned soul music legacy at ACME Feed and Seed

"Soul music is great, authentic music that people still want to see."

83-year-old Music City native and world-traveled soul vocalist Charles "Wigg" Walker is nattily attired in a black and red-checkered blazer, with a black vest and slacks while speaking with The Tennessean before his 10-song, Saturday afternoon brunch set at Lower Broadway's ACME Feed and Seed.

Can read the full article via the link below

https://eu.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/2023/01/12/nashville-soul-music-charles-wigg-walker-extends-legacy/69788589007/

Charles-Wigg-Walker.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0dvtrq8

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I saw him when he toured the UK in 1967 ... then again around 25 or so years ago when he played a 'Blues & Booze' festival in Wallingford, Oxon. Chatted to him the 2nd time; he was bitter about his time with Botanic & Red Sands (no payment of royalties, etc.).

Sam&DaveUKtour67.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/01/2023 at 19:52, Roburt said:

I saw him when he toured the UK in 1967 ... then again around 25 or so years ago when he played a 'Blues & Booze' festival in Wallingford, Oxon. Chatted to him the 2nd time; he was bitter about his time with Botanic & Red Sands (no payment of royalties, etc.).

Sam&DaveUKtour67.jpg

He was one of the best live acts I ever saw, absolutely fantastic!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!