Don't Buy From This Guy

Benji

And why are you banging on about a post that was made 6 weeks ago? I answered a question posed by someone which you seem to have jumped on without realising the context.... you have just dragged it up and without good reason. It would seem you are also poking your nose in as I don't recall you having had a problem with the subject in hand!

Perhaps it's you that has nothing better to do?

Lighten up soulgirl. This is a genuine problem with people getting ripped off. They're coming on here and telling us so, and providing a valuable service to other would be buyers. Therefore it is relevant to this forum, and I am not sure what part of that you don't seem able to "get". :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 122
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

And why are you banging on about a post that was made 6 weeks ago? I answered a question posed by someone which you seem to have jumped on without realising the context.... you have just dragged it up and without good reason. It would seem you are also poking your nose in as I don't recall you having had a problem with the subject in hand!

Perhaps it's you that has nothing better to do?

its probally the first chance he's had to reply to your post, he's been serving a suspention from the site, he's been on the naughty step for the last month......wellcome back martin

Social source share

the ian burt account on here has been closed

soul stormers aka magicman were user names of this account

anyone still have outstanding issues with this ex-member please post in this thread or send via pm

anyone who has had problems via his use of sales feature on site , please let us know asp

Social source share

Lighten up soulgirl. This is a genuine problem with people getting ripped off. They're coming on here and telling us so, and providing a valuable service to other would be buyers. Therefore it is relevant to this forum, and I am not sure what part of that you don't seem able to "get". :thumbsup:

Yes, relevant I agree; I do get it. If it were me though, as stated previously, I'd prepare and serve a money claim lodged at my local court for the sum owed against the defendant. I totally agree that unsavoury traders should be named and shamed giving facts, but not sure inciting class action is appropriate. These are just my opinions born from my own experiences - nothing more :sleep3:

Hope it wasn't cold out there Martin - the naughty step can be so lonely :yes:

Social source share

Yes, relevant I agree; I do get it. If it were me though, as stated previously, I'd prepare and serve a money claim lodged at my local court for the sum owed against the defendant. I totally agree that unsavoury traders should be named and shamed giving facts, but not sure inciting class action is appropriate. These are just my opinions born from my own experiences - nothing more :D

Hope it wasn't cold out there Martin - the naughty step can be so lonely :lol:

Yeah right and I am sure that is an option open to the people who he has ripped, and how would you go about enforcing the judgement against him sleep3.gif Probably nigh on impossible to do it in a cost effective way. Quite right for people to name and shame skimmers on here. Class action??? That was three pages ago, but what a good idea - share the legal work / costs etc. Works well enough for claimants in the USA - hah!

Social source share

If judgement is ruled against him and he doesn't pay, they send in the bailifs smile.gif If you've household insurance covering legal assistance you can use that - I did the very same for some brakes I bought from someone that weren't as advertised so my household insurer took care of everything. I was going to pay £50.00 to present it to the court myself but as I was insured used that instead.

As long as you've got sound evidence to present you should be ok.

Social source share

Guest denmac

As far as I can tell Martin, you're just poking your nose in too as it hasn't directly affected you either. This is a discussion forum which I am entitled to join in with if I interpret the word discussion correctly. My original post here was to try and calm people down; yours was to stir up a hornets nest.

so soulgirl is`nt anyone directly involved allowed to comment. i believe this a discussion forum which anyone is allowed to join in if i interpret the word discussion correctly.

Social source share

so soulgirl is`nt anyone directly involved allowed to comment. i believe this a discussion forum which anyone is allowed to join in if i interpret the word discussion correctly.

I think that's what Martin was trying to convey to me, that my comments weren't weren't welcome but as you say, it's a discussion forum :smile:

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

its probally the first chance he's had to reply to your post, he's been serving a suspention from the site, he's been on the naughty step for the last month......wellcome back martin

Actually it was only a weeks suspension, and since then I havent had too much opportunity to view Soul Source as Ive been busy trying to earn enough money to live in Blairs dictatorship. Ive been working hard on an exterior decor job whilst the weathers been hot, so I def' havent been on any cold steps.

Well one things for sure, anyone who posted up on here complaining about losing money to Ian Dirt can't be too worried about getting their money back because no-one has approached me yet to ask me the procedure, and even if they do now it's too late as I've lost interest in this one completely now.

Soulgirl, sorry I can't dispute anything further with you here, so come on, LES BE FRIENDS.

Martin

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

Soulgirl, sorry I can't dispute anything further with you here, so come on, LES BE FRIENDS.

Martin

Fancy yourself as a comedian too it seems. As everyone that knows me can confirm, I'm not a lesbian. Frankly, I'm very glad I don't know you. Perhaps no-one contacted you about 'the procedure' because they saw how ridiculous your advice was? Who knows? I know one thing though, you'd be the last person I'd ask advice from.

Rather than les be friends, how about you stay out of my face Mr Snow and I'll do likewise.

Social source share

they send in the bailifs :D

I feel a little wary posting on this thread - but I'll dip my toe in anyway.................

Just a comment on the County Court process. As Steve I think has already said the problem is actually enforcing a County Court Judgement. Once you have CCJ against someone you have to enforce it yourself - either by employing bailiffs or a debt collection agency - no one does that for you, and you have to pay for the privelege - usually by way of a percent of the debt enforced.

I guess your experience was different Soulgirl as your Insurers facilitated the process for you.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

I feel a little wary posting on this thread - but I'll dip my toe in anyway.................

Just a comment on the County Court process. As Steve I think has already said the problem is actually enforcing a County Court Judgement. Once you have CCJ against someone you have to enforce it yourself - either by employing bailiffs or a debt collection agency - no one does that for you, and you have to pay for the privelege - usually by way of a percent of the debt enforced.

I guess your experience was different Soulgirl as your Insurers facilitated the process for you.

:thumbsup:

My insurers would have done that but it wasn't necessary in the end. I do know when I took a building firm to the small claims, and won my case, if they didn't pay up within x days the court sent in their own bailifs. This was a few years ago so perhaps the system has changed... I've not had reason to look into it personally.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Fancy yourself as a comedian too it seems. As everyone that knows me can confirm, I'm not a lesbian. Frankly, I'm very glad I don't know you. Perhaps no-one contacted you about 'the procedure' because they saw how ridiculous your advice was? Who knows? I know one thing though, you'd be the last person I'd ask advice from.

Rather than les be friends, how about you stay out of my face Mr Snow and I'll do likewise.

I was totally puzzled by the above the first few times I read it Soulgirl, and was beginning to wonder how the suggestion of you being a lesbian and me suggesting that we just be friends could possibly be connected. Then I finally noticed the spelling mistake at the end of my posting.

Naturally such an error would be more obvious to a lesbian than it would to me, although of course that statement does not mean I am suggesting for one minute that you might be of such sexual orientation at all, and even if you were that certainly does not meet my disapproval whatsoever.

Anyhow, I appologise for not being able to edit it earlier and the chance has now been lost. I was busy laying some flooring, perhaps you're familiar with it, its a tongue and groove system ?

(Note there's deliberately no DIY/doing it yourself puns in there by the way just incase I get mistakenly acused of any further sexual inuendo !)

One good thing has come out of this though Soulgirl, and that is I'm relieved to know you won't be asking for my advice on future matters, rest assured my lips are sealed.

Martin

Social source share

perhaps you're familiar with it, its a tongue and groove system ?

(Note there's deliberately no DIY/doing it yourself puns in there by the way just incase I get mistakenly acused of any further sexual inuendo !)

Yeah right :thumbsup: because it was essential that you mention what system it was

Social source share

hear, hear...

hen partridges always go around in pairs.

does that mean we have to concern ourselves on here

about whether they're a lesbian couple, sisters or simply just friends?

it's hardly the place.

M

Edited by macca
Social source share

My insurers would have done that but it wasn't necessary in the end. I do know when I took a building firm to the small claims, and won my case, if they didn't pay up within x days the court sent in their own bailifs. This was a few years ago so perhaps the system has changed... I've not had reason to look into it personally.

The court don't send in their own bailiffs, you have to make an application to court to enforce any judgment if the defendant hasn't coughed up within the time specified in the judgment (usually 14 or 28 days).

Karen, as you had this crook DJing for you at your last Bourne For Soul bash, will you at least confirm that you'll pass on the grievances on this thread to Ian Burt directly, as presumably you have his contact details if you booked him? That's the very least you can do. Or is it a case of "Not my problem"? I'd have thought that as a regualr poster on here you'd have some empathy/solidarity with fellow Soul Source members (who we know are trustworthy) who have been conned and ripped off by one of your DJs? Well?

Rich

Social source share

The court don't send in their own bailiffs, you have to make an application to court to enforce any judgment if the defendant hasn't coughed up within the time specified in the judgment (usually 14 or 28 days).

Karen, as you had this crook DJing for you at your last Bourne For Soul bash, will you at least confirm that you'll pass on the grievances on this thread to Ian Burt directly, as presumably you have his contact details if you booked him? That's the very least you can do. Or is it a case of "Not my problem"? I'd have thought that as a regualr poster on here you'd have some empathy/solidarity with fellow Soul Source members (who we know are trustworthy) who have been conned and ripped off by one of your DJs? Well?

Rich

Well? Sounds like you're holding me responsible LOL. Firstly I do have empathy - his contact details are in the very first message of this thread if you have a peek. Including his address!!!! ohmy.gif

I have spoken to him and told him to at least come here to explain himself. It's not my place to tell him what to do and it's his own conscience he has to battle with. Just because he dj'd for me 'once' doesn't hold me accountable in any way whatsoever and neither are countless other promotors who have also used him or are using him in the future.

This is the last post I shall make on the matter but sincerely hope those affected are either repaid or their records returned. :)

Social source share

I think the relevant details are already known Rich - address, phone number, you can't really ask for more can you? Those details are up to date, I know this because Ian buys from me now and again. I personally have never had any problems with him whatsoever but I sympathise with those of you that have.

Social source share

What do you want me to do Rich? If I can help I will

Not asking you to do owt Pete, it's just crap isn't it when good people that we know are getting ripped off by a bloke who hasn't got the spine to come and give an explanation or to sort the problem out. That's all. Just frustrating. At least if Karen's prepared to email him it'll feel as if something's being done (given she booked him recently).

Rich

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert