Don't Buy From This Guy

Benji

have to ask, that can all members refrain from calling other members

no need for it, its against the terms of use and only causes bad feelings

ask take it via pm or email if feel necessary

have edited original post

any q's or concerns on this, please either via pm or post in members feedback forum rather than on this thread

thanks

mike

Social source share

• Replies 122
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest pongo

I empathise with the guy! I recently bought a leather office chair from Argos, only to find that every time I sat in it I was in my spare room in front of my computer. How many of these chairs have they sold?? If one of these people who sits in their chair and finds themselves in my spare room steals my computer or my Henrik Larsson mousemat, will I be compensated??

:thumbsup:

that made me laugh a lot

out loud in fact

now can i type LOL?

Social source share

Guest Rowly

And if anyone has his e-bay ID, I'd like to take a note of it to swerve his auctions. If anyone is minded to issue legal proceedings, then let me know as I'll help you fill everything in. It really is very simple and as Martin says, can be done online now.

Rich

As I posted previously - im 99.9% certain that tonysoul0_3 is his ebay id. If not there are two "Ian's " in Somerset who are into Soul and with a very flaky & vague style of writing emails!

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

As far as I can tell Martin, you're just poking your nose in too as it hasn't directly affected you either. This is a discussion forum which I am entitled to join in with if I interpret the word discussion correctly. My original post here was to try and calm people down; yours was to stir up a hornets nest.

You just dont stop do you. My contributions are to inform people that they can take action easily to recover their losses, yours clearly state that it doesnt matter that dishonesty has occurred. Applying your same theories and principals on a wider scale, there would be nothing wrong with shoplifting, theft in general, and fraud. On grounds of morality, we certainly are not compatable Soulgirl.

Social source share

And based on your above post, you obviously don't know my morals at all Martin. You've completely missed my point. Of course being wronged financially isn't acceptable and measures can be put into place to recover losses but those measures are tried and tested in law courts and not by moaning on websites. The initial post was really to warn others about the possible danger of buying or selling records to a certain individual. You knocked that up by more than a notch in suggesting class action. My interjection was to calm the pack and provide and breather, pointing out the perspective of a rather long topic in regard to actual complainants rather than non-affected persons making jokes, being derogatory or taking a trip down memory lane.

If you're interested, which I doubt, I absolutely abhor theft, fraud and dishonesty. I am more than honest I'm sure you'll agree. I've been wronged financially myself in the past but wouldn't dream of plastering it across the Internet where this might in fact harm my case rather than support it.

If you don't appreciate what I say, nip into your profile and pop my posts on ignore.

Social source share

You just dont stop do you. My contributions are to inform people that they can take action easily to recover their losses, yours clearly state that it doesnt matter that dishonesty has occurred. Applying your same theories and principals on a wider scale, there would be nothing wrong with shoplifting, theft in general, and fraud. On grounds of morality, we certainly are not compatable Soulgirl.

She(Karen)can say what she likes,if you dont like it dont read it.........and no she dont stop :P well mostly!! :D and whats conpatability got to do with anything? :thumbsup:

Edited by ken
Social source share

...My interjection was to calm the pack and provide and breather, pointing out the perspective of a rather long topic in regard to actual complainants rather than non-affected persons making jokes, being derogatory or taking a trip down memory lane.....

dont bother

your "interjection" is not needed

Social source share

And neither were insults referring to Ian's misunderstanding of how the internet works Mike. And on another note, neither was the posting of his full home address - that was out of order really.

What you're conveying is that you support 'pack' and 'bandwaggon' behaviour :thumbsup:

Edited by ♫ Soulgirl ♫
Social source share

And neither were insults referring to Ian's misunderstanding of how the internet works Mike. And on another note, neither was the posting of his full home address - that was out of order really.

What you're conveying is that you support 'pack' and 'bandwaggon' behaviour :thumbsup:

No I'm not

I pointing out that your attempts to "calm the pack" etc etc is not needed

by all means post your view, but leave out the attempts to moderate

as said not needed

Social source share

I'm not moderating Mike, I'm stating my opinions, just as everyone else has. I've disagreed with some of the comments made, that doesn't constitute moderating, it merely shows I have a difference of opinion and I'm not perturbed by that.

To incite class action is far more detremental than trying to convey a perspective based on posts made at that time.

Social source share

...My interjection was to calm the pack and provide and breather, pointing out the perspective of a rather long topic in regard to actual complainants rather than non-affected persons making jokes, being derogatory or taking a trip down memory lane.....

reads and smells like trying to moderate the discussion to me

end of day , no need for the above , just post your views

Social source share

They are my views mike! Perhaps if you turned off your dislike for me and read my posts as you do those from people you like, you mightn't be so quick to jump in and tell me off!

I'm off to bed now before I have to start digging up those root vegetables :thumbsup:

Edited by ♫ Soulgirl ♫
Social source share

I'm not moderating Mike, I'm stating my opinions, just as everyone else has. I've disagreed with some of the comments made, that doesn't constitute moderating, it merely shows I have a difference of opinion and I'm not perturbed by that.

To incite class action is far more detremental than trying to convey a perspective based on posts made at that time.

whats so bad about advising people that they can file a class action in attempt to get their money or property back. You havnt said anything constructive apart from telling people to calm down when they feel wronged

Social source share

Not sure why you're sticking up for such behaviour, but it's 2 people without any records whatsoever months after they've paid and he's acknowledged payment, crap grading for Kirsty's record (and then no reply when she complained), those that have received their records admit he took ages to send them and only did so after several reminders, Ian (from NZ) sent a record to him on trust 14 months ago and is owed £500 (if nothing else how can you possibly defend that?) and now he doesn't reply to emails and Chalky seems to recall a similar thread about the guy in relation to his previous dealings. And to top it all off, we know he's been recently posting elsewhere and logged on here, so he's clearly aware of the thread. Where's the apology, recompense and/or an explanation. I suggest you stop sticking up for people who are shafting people that are regular posters on here and whom we know are kosher. Are you some sort of rip-off apologist? If he came on here right now, apologised and agreed to pay everyone immediately then I'm sure people would accept that through gritted teeth. Anyone can have problems on the odd transaction with the odd delay here and there, but there are too many on here (even from those who have received their records). Owing £500 for 14 months without communicating (and whilst still selling records to other people) really is unacceptable and underhand.

And if anyone has his e-bay ID, I'd like to take a note of it to swerve his auctions. If anyone is minded to issue legal proceedings, then let me know as I'll help you fill everything in. It really is very simple and as Martin says, can be done online now.

Rich

reply edited by site

Social source share

As I posted previously - im 99.9% certain that tonysoul0_3 is his ebay id. If not there are two "Ian's " in Somerset who are into Soul and with a very flaky & vague style of writing emails!

edited by site

got better things to do than clean up crap like this

Edited by mike-
Social source share

They are my views mike! Perhaps if you turned off your dislike for me and read my posts as you do those from people you like, you mightn't be so quick to jump in and tell me off!

I'm off to bed now before I have to start digging up those root vegetables :D

I commented on your post in this thread cause I felt it was needed

such tiresome follow on posts by yourself claiming this and that are not needed and not welcome

do suggest you take a good look at your whole approach to this site

note - any more off topic posts on this thread will be deleted asp

Social source share

Guest Dante

Think I had a close call with this guy too - I missed something on ebay and he sent me a message (via ebay) saying he had a copy and did a i want it.... as well as a load of other stuff he was getting rid of cos he was no longer into it. Asked him for a list but got the reply that he couldn't be bothered to do one! :thumbsup: After a few emails back and forth I decided things didn't sound to good with him. "tonysoul_03" was the ebay user... same bloke?

I've just done a deal with him, exactly the same. Lost an ace spectrum and he offered me a mint one, I accepted ten minutes ago, before reading this :S The communication was good though, he replied all my eBay messages the next day...

sorry, it isn't :thumbsup:

It is, tonysoul0_3. Maybe there are two Ians living in 13 shakespeare ave hehe

cheers

Social source share

Guest SteveC

It's only two people that have missing records in this thread ... hardly a case for 'class action'.

Karen, what you MUST grasp is that there are two sets of rules:

1: The rules we all abide by on a day to day basis. "Generally" useless for sorting soul issues out.

2: Soul Rules which have been in force since this scene started and which are almost 100% of the time RIGHTLY enforced by soul music lovers when they are either ripped off/done wrong by whoever or the enforcers of the 1st set of rules haven't a clue about record values or scene etiquette.

Every true Soulie understands these rules and abides by them. Bit like playing originals only.

Anyone who does not deliver cash for discs or vice versa should be made to cough up an explanation at least before righting the wrong.

Social source share

I've just done a deal with him, exactly the same. Lost an ace spectrum and he offered me a mint one, I accepted ten minutes ago, before reading this :S The communication was good though, he replied all my eBay messages the next day...

It is, tonysoul0_3. Maybe there are two Ians living in 13 shakespeare ave hehe

cheers

He must have seen this thread by now and hasn't offered any explanation despite a number of people (including me) doing the "calm down, calm down" thing.

I hesitated about saying this when I first posted because I thought that there was a bit of a lynch mob attitude and felt that Ian should be given the chance to defend himself but he hasn't. My deal went through OK in the end, but it did take some time (over a month) from flash to bang. I did wonder if he had sold me a record he hadn't got and then went out to find one for less than I paid. maybe? maybe not? Don't know, but he is still offering records to people despite having his reputation completely trashed on here. Go figure as our colonial cousins would say.

Personally Dante, if you haven't sent him the money yet then I wouldn't, particularly for Ace Spectrum which is a really common record and appears on ebay every other day.

I may be speaking out of turn here but I'm just expressing my opinion.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

...and not everyone turns to using threats of physical violence even though they are being offered explanations to what they don't understand.

It's unfortunate that some people on the scene takes advantage of other members good faith, the £500 scam is really serious I reckon. And I'm afraid this is the only way to deal with it, all people who been ripped of by Ian here gave him numerous chances to do good.

Another ugly fish is Phil Dick, he scammed me and two other swedes off our money never received anything other than numerous threats of physical violence and death who would together with the mail fraud definitely qualify as an serious crime.

Please feel free to give me the details of my "scam". I have done many things in my former life of which I was ashamed, although I don't recall scamming any swedes amongst that unsavoury list. If I did then I am perfectly willing, upon receipt of the full details, to sort the problem out.

I have sold records to many people (including many on here - Pete-S,Bearsoul, Soul Stormers to name but a few) over the years, and I would like to think that mostly folks have been happy with the transaction.

I do object to being called an "ugly fish" though.

Phil

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

I ended my association with this thread some days ago as I only came on it to give some general legal advice. However, I can't help feeling sorry for John Manship, and I can only assume he hasnt seen this thread, not that he is the dealer in question but....

I urge all of you to go back to the initial posting by Benji and read straight across the top line, remembering that the advertising in the top right corner rotates continually. Catch it at the correct moment like I did earlier by accident, and in a straight line it reads DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BLOKE : JOHN MANSHIP

Amusing, but I don't think John would be too happy with that !

Martin Snow

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

Guest Rowly

I ended my association with this thread some days ago as I only came on it to give some general legal advice. However, I can't help feeling sorry for John Manship, and I can only assume he hasnt seen this thread, not that he is the dealer in question but....

I urge all of you to go back to the initial posting by Benji and read straight across the top line, remembering that the advertising in the top right corner rotates continually. Catch it at the correct moment like I did earlier by accident, and in a straight line it reads DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BLOKE : JOHN MANSHIP

Amusing, but I don't think John would be too happy with that !

Martin Snow

Ha Ha ! Pat Brady was the poor unfortunate when i just looked!

Social source share

Please feel free to give me the details of my "scam". I have done many things in my former life of which I was ashamed, although I don't recall scamming any swedes amongst that unsavoury list. If I did then I am perfectly willing, upon receipt of the full details, to sort the problem out.

I have sold records to many people (including many on here - Pete-S,Bearsoul, Soul Stormers to name but a few) over the years, and I would like to think that mostly folks have been happy with the transaction.

I do object to being called an "ugly fish" though.

Phil

A case of selective memory perhaps?

I sent £125 cash payment for a few 45's (recorded and included recorded airmail for the 45's). Received a couple of the cheap ones and following that a bunch of sad excuse emails. You then claimed you sent the remaining 45's with registrated post in a different package that where lost. You then claimed you claimed it and got £75 back from post insurance. I never saw that money and you only got back to me with this (after me emailing about the situation on I think the KTF forum):

"I'll tell you what, if I'm ever in Sweden I'll be round to yours like

a f***ing shot and rip your f***ing head off twat."

The two other swedes that you stole from is Johan Tollgerdt and Robert Kruus. Any of this rings a bell Phil?

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Guest Keep the Boy Happy

It seems that thanks to this thread I had a lucky escape. I was also contacted by Mr. Burt just after losing an Ace Spectrum and was offered a mint copy for the price of my maximum bid. I initially accepted wrote out the cheque and found this before posting it. I can confirm that his ebay id is tonysoul0_3. I have recently obtained a stone mint demo of Ace Spectrum so I am now happy and gloating.

Social source share

I sent £125 cash payment for a few 45's (recorded and included recorded airmail for the 45's). Received a couple of the cheap ones and following that a bunch of sad excuse emails. You then claimed you sent the remaining 45's with registrated post in a different package that where lost. You then claimed you claimed it and got £75 back from post insurance. I never saw that money and you only got back to me with this (after me emailing about the situation on I think the KTF forum):

a .....

The two other swedes that you stole from is Johan Tollgerdt and Robert Kruus. Any of this rings a bell Phil?

Can't say that it does to be honest. Does sound like the kind of thing I used to say though, but only when provoked. Please send me the full communication trail. This isolated comment, supposedly from me, doesn't enlighten me to the situation at all.

And, as I stated previously, forward me the full details and if there's anything to be sorted out. I'll sort it. When did all this occur by the way?

Phil

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Guest rachel

I've already said it in this thread, can you please not use unedited swear words, even if you are just copying and pasting from an email etc, it only takes two seconds to stick a couple of asterixes in. It's for the good of the site and other members so please stick to it. Persistent offenders WILL have action taken against their account.

In case anyone isn't sure of the guidelines..

Members are reminded as a rough guideline to what the site considers acceptable, language which would not be found in the mainstream daily UK tabloid press is not welcome and members using it will have their posts edited or be asked to edit their posts. Members who repeatedly break this guideline will face action against their account.

The same guidelines apply to images and other content.

The two main reasons behind these 'restrictions' are:

1) Classification of the site - the use of certain language or images can lead to the site being classified as 'adult' which can causes problems for the site and for members whose internet is subject to filters at work or at home.

2) Intention to keep the site worthwhile and enjoyable for all members, some of whom may be offended by certain language or images. In addition, many members use the site in a shared environment such as at work, or at home where the displaying of offensive images/language is not wanted.

Edited by rachel
Social source share

a f***ing shot and rip your f***ing head off twat."

Had a deal with PhilD about a year & a half ago that sounds similar. I did eventually get my money back, but the records were supposedly lost in transit and he filed a claim on them. Whats the deal, Phil?? and if you've forgotten the records were Fabulous Apollos on Valtone & Ollie Jackson on Magnum. :thumbsup:

-Mike

Social source share

Had a deal with PhilD about a year & a half ago that sounds similar. I did eventually get my money back, but the records were supposedly lost in transit and he filed a claim on them. Whats the deal, Phil?? and if you've forgotten the records were Fabulous Apollos on Valtone & Ollie Jackson on Magnum. :thumbsup:

-Mike

That's correct. And actually true, and you were refunded in full, yes? And not "eventually", as soon as requested.

I may have done some dodgy stuff in the past, although I still don't remember Mr Karl's incident, but have offered to right any wrong that I may have done if he lets me know the details etc of it. But, I have behaved with complete integrity in the last 2 1/2 years at least.

If I have wronged you in any way Mike, or if I owe you any money then let me know.

Phil

Social source share

Guest Dante

He must have seen this thread by now and hasn't offered any explanation despite a number of people (including me) doing the "calm down, calm down" thing.

Personally Dante, if you haven't sent him the money yet then I wouldn't, particularly for Ace Spectrum which is a really common record and appears on ebay every other day.

I may be speaking out of turn here but I'm just expressing my opinion.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the Advice Paul, but I had a really good deal and my pocket speaks for me smile.gif Not cash, a trade :unsure:

CHeers

Social source share

That's correct. And actually true, and you were refunded in full, yes? And not "eventually", as soon as requested.

I may have done some dodgy stuff in the past, although I still don't remember Mr Karl's incident, but have offered to right any wrong that I may have done if he lets me know the details etc of it. But, I have behaved with complete integrity in the last 2 1/2 years at least.

If I have wronged you in any way Mike, or if I owe you any money then let me know.

Phil

No Phil, I did receive all my money back, so we're square. I only posted to show how similar my dealings with you were to to the others that said they'd been ripped off. Only I was lucky enough to get my money back. I never had another thought about it after our deal...until i saw Karls post. Just figured you'd changed your mind as the prices were too cheap. Oh well. Hope the others can resolve their quarrel with you. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

No Phil, I did receive all my money back, so we're square. I only posted to show how similar my dealings with you were to to the others that said they'd been ripped off. Only I was lucky enough to get my money back. I never had another thought about it after our deal...until i saw Karls post. Just figured you'd changed your mind as the prices were too cheap. Oh well. Hope the others can resolve their quarrel with you. thumbsup.gif

But Mike your dealings were not at all similar to those claimed by the others ?? What others by the way?? Just one person, Mr Karl, seems to have a problem with me, and I am still awaiting the details of what I am supposed to have done. Once I have them I will sort out anything that needs to be sorted.

So now you figure that you're "lucky" to have got your money back? Why? If you felt that you'd been "ripped off" or mistreated in any way, you certainly never indicated that previously.

Social source share

Phil

Phil,

this was in back in 1997/1998. I have a few emails left but they will not give you the whole story but hopefully refresh your memory. PM me your email address and I will pass them on. I sincerely hope you are honest about this Phil and not putting up more bs, I've had enough of that from you.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

thought it's finally time to warn you guys not to buy from this bloke:

IAN BURT

13 SHAKESPEARE AVENUE

TAUNTON

SOMERSET

TA1 2HY

email: ian@burt5298.freeserve.co.uk

soul source ID: soul stormers

ordered two discs from him in december 06, sent him the money cash, he confirmed receipt and that's about it, no discs ever arrived!

since then only lame excuses and despite me asking him several times he failed to send me any proof of posting the discs (i paid for insured post).

all e-mails since feb 6 remain unanswered so i finally give up and make it public not to deal with that bloke.

and it gets even worse,

Having only just seen these notices about IAN BURT i am getting kind of steaming if you know what i mean ? !!!!!

he contacted me through ebay early feb. or it could have been late jan 2007 whatever, he offered me a pack of records for £250.00, i replied back through ebay yellow button asking for list of what he had got & condition, the way the reply message had to be sent was different to the usual contact way, i had to type in a code of which i did, on his reply that also went straight to my e-mail, he listed some & said he did not have much time to list all but said the rest of them were great oldies all US. originals & in almost mint condition? the ones he listed which i already had, i thought well ok i'll sell em on & look at the rest keep the ones i liked sell off which i did'nt want, a couple of days later i am in hospital with yet another minor heart attack, so i could not contact him from home so i used the tv. patient line system & let him know i would deal with him when i got home, then i was moved to another part of the hospital where there was no tv.system.

On my disharge i switched on my computer to contact him, i went to my ebay & there was a message from IAN BURT ! because i had been so ill he reduced the price to £150.00 to cheer me up was is words, ( best joke this year ).

Anyway i thought great so off went the cheque dated 22nd feb. i kept sending e-mails asking if he had received it, guess what his answer was a week later,( yeah you've guessed it ) NO

it was not taken out of my account untill 6th march.

i kept sending e-mails to him with no response, so then i rememberd that in one message he gave me is mobile No. so i rang that, surprise surprise guess what ?? he "wait for it" ANSWERED "hello said the mail voice" i then told him who i was, he replied hello mate

(mate??? i have never met him ) anyway to cut to the chase we talked for a while & i thought he sounded like a nice chap ( i hope i am not wrong now ) he told me that he was no longer into the scene & like he has, i now know to others told me he was selling off his record collection, plus he also said that if i did not want them he would get his sister to put them on ebay, which brings me to a question for soulgirl are you his sister ??? the reason i ask this is that the way you are supporting him ??????????????

i contacted him again to which eventually i got a reply as follows /

hi steve

sorry mate ..be off work with a shit of clod ..i fill like shit

i will post has soon has i get back to work

once again sorry

take care ian

in my last message earlier today to him i have offered to go down from sheffield & collect them, i hope he responds to that & tells me like he has before they are packed & have been sent ??

otherwise it is most deffinatley a long journey from here.

i will wait till end of the week and then. so long all see ya at skeg. weekender. steve foster

Social source share

which brings me to a question for soulgirl are you his sister ???

Categorically no! I am not his sister, am in no way related to him nor particularly know him :D

Social source share

Guest denmac

I empathise with the guy! I recently bought a leather office chair from Argos, only to find that every time I sat in it I was in my spare room in front of my computer. How many of these chairs have they sold?? If one of these people who sits in their chair and finds themselves in my spare room steals my computer or my Henrik Larsson mousemat, will I be compensated??

:D

Social source share

• 1 month later...

IAN BURT

13 SHAKESPEARE AVENUE

TAUNTON

SOMERSET

TA1 2HY

ordered two discs from him in december 06, sent him the money cash, he confirmed receipt and that's about it, no discs ever arrived!

since then only lame excuses and despite me asking him several times he failed to send me any proof of posting the discs (i paid for insured post).

all e-mails since feb 6 remain unanswered so i finally give up and make it public not to deal with that bloke.

bumping this one up as i just saw the w**ker changed his soul source ID to "magicman", he's still around so be warned!

BTW, still neither discs nor money from him!

Social source share

IAN BURT

13 SHAKESPEARE AVENUE

TAUNTON

SOMERSET

TA1 2HY

HANG THE B##TARD :thumbsup::ohmy:

Social source share

If anyone can find my posts from a few months back that were titled Sony Craver, It was about this same problem with the same person - Ian Burt. The name and address details match the info I have.

After lots of problems and (kind intervention by several members on here), Ian Burt finally posted the record. The cheque got cashed immediately but there were many excuses for the record not being posted and several ignored emails. He did apologise (after he'd received several pm's on here prompting him to do so!) and I did receive the record but I had problems and the record was delayed.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I too am crap at remembering to post stuff, but having read all this, if he's going to trade records he needs to improve his service or expect these kind of accusations to happen.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Categorically no! I am not his sister, am in no way related to him nor particularly know him :thumbsup:

Soulgirl you're still banging on about this poking your nose in where it's not required, you really must have nothing else better to do with your time.

Given the number of people who have a problem with Mr.Burt, I would suggest the lot of you fire off individual summons all within days of each other, or issue one large well organised class action, followed by bailiffs if he fails to pay under the courts instruction. Rather than whinge, my suggestion is the sooner his door is put in, the better, lawfully of course as I mentioned in the previous sentence.

Social source share

And why are you banging on about a post that was made 6 weeks ago? I answered a question posed by someone which you seem to have jumped on without realising the context.... you have just dragged it up and without good reason. It would seem you are also poking your nose in as I don't recall you having had a problem with the subject in hand!

Perhaps it's you that has nothing better to do?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert