thought it's finally time to warn you guys not to buy from this bloke:

IAN BURT

13 SHAKESPEARE AVENUE

TAUNTON

SOMERSET

TA1 2HY

email: ian@burt5298.freeserve.co.uk

soul source ID: soul stormers

ordered two discs from him in december 06, sent him the money cash, he confirmed receipt and that's about it, no discs ever arrived!

since then only lame excuses and despite me asking him several times he failed to send me any proof of posting the discs (i paid for insured post).

all e-mails since feb 6 remain unanswered so i finally give up and make it public not to deal with that bloke.

Social source share

• Replies 122
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

you have just reminded me.

brought a 45 from this guy paid via cheque end of last year. NO RECORD after a few emails with plenty of excusses and apparantly him not recieving my cheque,then saying the record had been sent out or as gone to someone else i just thought it was lost in post? maybe not! am now going to check my bank statements.

Edited by russoul1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ste Brazil

Nearly bought a track last week but i couldn't for love nor money get a price out of him, just got a few odd replies? - not a crime i know, but reading the above messages....close call maybe?

Ste. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

Hi mate,his name and soul source i.d have`nt gone unnoticed.I`ve written them down for future referance,thank`s for putting this up.

Neil.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I have dealt with Ian a couple of times and had no problems but if like you say he has dealt with you in this manner then i agree that we should all be made aware of possible problems ahead.

Bearsy :rolleyes:

Social source share

I bought something off him about 18 months ago

To say his grading was out is an understatement. I'd paid by cheque and bought it privately after it hadn't sold on ebay, so the only comeback I had was to email him and say it wasn't really the grade he'd said etc. Had to wait an eternity for it to arrive, like others with no emails or anything. I got a reply when I asked where it was - I think the excuse was that he works away, and I'm sure his wife got the blame somewhere too. When it came to me emailing saying I wasn't happy, I didn't get so much as a "kiss my arse"

Needless to say he isn;t someone that I would even dream of buying off again.....

Social source share

Guest Simon

thought i'd bump this up.

going by the number of replies it seems like you guys can't be bothered about having a thief on here, can you?

Thanks for letting us know Benji, it is much appreciated!

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Not dealt with this guy but he made physical threats after me accidently posting the wrong link to my eBay auctions.

It led to My eBay selling page instead of items for sale on my user and he accused me to have sent a link so anybody could go into his ebay account. He didn't realise he was logging into his eBay account himself and both me and one of the forum moderators tried to explain to him what happened.

So with this in mind maybe he's just trying to figure out how to send a record through the post or how to cash a cheque? :thumbsup:

Jokes aside - Ian it's not to late to give me an excuse for your behaviour.

Edited by KarlM
Social source share

thought i'd bump this up.

going by the number of replies it seems like you guys can't be bothered about having a thief on here, can you?

He was logged on this Saturday. Though don't think he's posted since end of Jan.

Be nice if he'd come forward and answer some of these points..

Social source share

I bought a copy of The Falcons off Ian on here last year, it took a while to turn up but it was as described and he kept in communication with me when I chased it up.

I appreciate that some people might have had a bad experience but perhaps "dishonest" is maybe a bit strong as a first step?

Hopefully he'll take the opportunity to defend himself.

I don't know the guy personally but just thought I'd post that my experience of dealing with him was pretty positive.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

Guest clanger v2

I'm surprised to hear about problems other people have had with this seller.

I've only dealt with him the once, and I posted cash to him (a not inconsiderate sum as well).

There was constant email communication throughout, and the record arrived as promised.

Social source share

I bought a copy of The Falcons off Ian on here last year, it took a while to turn up but it was as described and he kept in communication with me when I chased it up.

I appreciate that some people might have had a bad experience but perhaps "dishonest" is maybe a bit strong as a first step?

Hopefully he'll take the opportunity to defend himself.

I don't know the guy personally but just thought I'd post that my experience of dealing with him was pretty positive.

Cheers

Paul

3 months to keep his part of a transaction and unanswered correspondence is hardly what you would call honest is it. Seems a few have had problems with him and if I remember rightly someone posted a similiar topic about him in the past which he sorted once it became public on here. Like it's been said be nice if he came on and explained. Until then I wouldn't trust him and doubt many others wouldn't.

Social source share

Hardly honest and hardly polite:

[ian first PM]

hi have phone ebay and they will looking it to it money gone from my con

you fucking tit

[my response]

Sorry... you lost me somewhere.. Are you saying that my linking to "my ebay" instead of the auctions I have out lead to you being robbed of money? Can you please explain what you mean and how that could happen? Are you talking to the right person here? And please save the name calling...

[ian 2nd PM]

look here you have link my personal page of ebay to every person

with all my personal detail

you better get f*** out of my way

f***

[my 2nd response]

DO CALL A FRIEND AND ASK THEM TO OPEN THAT LINK AND IT WILL LEAD TO THEIR, YES THEIR EBAY ACCOUNT AND NOT YOURS.

WHEN I CLICK ON THAT LINK IT OPENS MY, YES MY EBAY USER KLE$$$. I HAVE NOT HOWEVER SAVED THE PASSWORD IN MY COMPUTER SO I HAVE TO PRESS IN MY PASSWORD TO GET IN.

NOW APOLOGIZE AND LEAVE ME ALONE!

[ian 3rd PM]

geting poilce we will see you f*** face

Must admit though - I lost the argument when he called me "you fucking tit". How can you top that?? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Rowly

Think I had a close call with this guy too - I missed something on ebay and he sent me a message (via ebay) saying he had a copy and did a i want it.... as well as a load of other stuff he was getting rid of cos he was no longer into it. Asked him for a list but got the reply that he couldn't be bothered to do one! :thumbsup: After a few emails back and forth I decided things didn't sound to good with him. "tonysoul_03" was the ebay user... same bloke?

Social source share

3 months to keep his part of a transaction and unanswered correspondence is hardly what you would call honest is it. Seems a few have had problems with him and if I remember rightly someone posted a similiar topic about him in the past which he sorted once it became public on here. Like it's been said be nice if he came on and explained. Until then I wouldn't trust him and doubt many others wouldn't.

You and others might not trust him but I thought "dishonest" was a bit strong and so posted my experience of dealing with him in order to show that he does send out records that he has sold, at least he did in my case. I thought he was maybe a bit flaky but didn't think he was dishonest, KarlM's post regarding ebay backs up the flaky theory IMHO.

To be perfectly honest Chalky, unless you've had a problem with him yourself, you're just commenting on someone elses comment ... some would call it gossip.

I'm not defending him, and I'm not having a pop at you either, I just think he should be allowed to explain himself before we put the noose round his neck and slap the horse.

Social source share

You and others might not trust him but I thought "dishonest" was a bit strong and so posted my experience of dealing with him in order to show that he does send out records that he has sold, at least he did in my case. I thought he was maybe a bit flaky but didn't think he was dishonest, KarlM's post regarding ebay backs up the flaky theory IMHO.

To be perfectly honest Chalky, unless you've had a problem with him yourself, you're just commenting on someone elses comment ... some would call it gossip.

I'm not defending him, and I'm not having a pop at you either, I just think he should be allowed to explain himself before we put the noose round his neck and slap the horse.

Gossip, bad business, bone idle and lazy, whatever you want to call it don't you think 3 months and a public airing of his is quite long enough to get your affairs in order? He's had enough bad press to stop me from buying from him.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

[ian first PM]

you fucking tit

[my response]

Sorry... you lost me somewhere.. Are you saying that my linking to "my ebay" instead of the auctions I have out lead to you being robbed of money? Can you please explain what you mean and how that could happen? Are you talking to the right person here? And please save the name calling...

[ian 2nd PM]

f***

[my 2nd response]

DO CALL A FRIEND AND ASK THEM TO OPEN THAT LINK AND IT WILL LEAD TO THEIR, YES THEIR EBAY ACCOUNT AND NOT YOURS.

WHEN I CLICK ON THAT LINK IT OPENS MY, YES MY EBAY USER KLE$$. I HAVE NOT HOWEVER SAVED THE PASSWORD IN MY COMPUTER SO I HAVE TO PRESS IN MY PASSWORD TO GET IN.

[ian 3rd PM]

Must admit though - I lost the argument when he called me "you fucking tit". How can you top that?? :thumbsup:

Personally I find it very amusing, that the Swedish guy writes considerably better English, than the English guy....

Girf

Social source share

Seconded, I recently received a record I ordered from him, condition was great too - it did take him a while and a few reminders tho', possibly he genuinely has just been having problems recently?

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

I empathise with the guy! I recently bought a leather office chair from Argos, only to find that every time I sat in it I was in my spare room in front of my computer. How many of these chairs have they sold?? If one of these people who sits in their chair and finds themselves in my spare room steals my computer or my Henrik Larsson mousemat, will I be compensated??

:thumbsup:

[ian first PM]

you fucking tit

[my response]

[ian 2nd PM]

f***

[my 2nd response]

WHEN I CLICK ON THAT LINK IT OPENS MY, YES MY EBAY USER KLE$$$. I HAVE NOT HOWEVER SAVED THE PASSWORD IN MY COMPUTER SO I HAVE TO PRESS IN MY PASSWORD TO GET IN.

[ian 3rd PM]

Social source share

Flaky? Wrongun I'd say. He must know this is up here and he's led a few a merry dance. This just isn't on. If you buy a record, you pay when you win the bid. If you sell the record, it had better be as described and should be sent swiftly.

I've done deals with folk on here and (touch wood) never had any problems. And why should I? Instinctively I expect northern record collectors to treat me as I would treat them - goes without saying.

This guy sounds like one to avoid imo.. :angry:

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

Guest rachel

He must be doing something right, I've never heard of anyone else having much luck with getting hold of eBay on the phone!

ps for future, can we avoid un-edited swear words, as per site policy... ta :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Well, I can only go by personal experience and I'm happy to share that with y'all.

I bought a copy of Patti Young on Ernstrat from Ian and had no problems whatsoever.

I was well pleased with both the price and the super condition of the record.

Took a little while to arrive but nothing delinquent considering there was a cheque to clear and in fairness we maintained a perfectly civilised communication throughout.

John

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

i dealt with him a couple of years ago and had no problems at all. not saying that the ones who feel hard done by are wrong though.

Shane

Social source share

I am having problems with Ian Burt at the moment, sold him a few nice 45s in late 2005 always paid upfront into my UK account & sent records over from NZ, the last couple of things he wanted was

just before xmas 2005 but did not have enough money for them all & asked me to keep one till after xmas.

As Ian had always been a good payer I included the other 45 & told him to pay the £500 in the new year when he had the money. Guess what 14 months of lame excuses & promises of payment & no money

& no response to PMs

I have collected for over 30 years & have always trusted people to pay whay they owe with no problems until now.

See he runs a do in Somerset & seen a couple of his playlists, My advice sell your records & pay what you owe & front up your problems to me & the others on this list they do not & will not go away

Ian

Social source share

4 bad experiences and 7 good with a smattering of jokes. I hope this doesn't turn into a witch hunt :(

Are you taking the pish? If he's owed Ian (Trevski's mate who a lot of us know well) £500 for over 14 months and promised payment and never delivered and with several other buyers on here being ripped off then how is that a witch hunt? I'd say he's bang to rights and apparently he was logged on here at the weekend so he must be aware of the thread. Well Ian??? Being slack and delaying sending records out is one thing, actually owing someone £500 when they've given you a record on trust is something else.

Rich

Social source share

No, I wasn't taking the peas. Sometimes, for some people, things go wrong but that isn't necessarily true for every single sale as was shown here.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

I would suggest that all those who are owed items by him that he has acknowledged payment for, issue a summons on him collectively, I think a class action (?) is the correct term.

That way he is legally bound to make a response of some sort. He will have 14 days to acknowledge the matter from date of issue of the summons, and may request a further 14 days to file a defence.

If he fails to comply with either of the above, after 28 days the court will issue a verdict and as long as there is reasonable proof that you have payed him money then he will be given an order to repay it in full.

What if he then fails to pay the sums owed ? You then send in bailiffs who won't f**k about. Ive never reached that level as everytime I have sued, the payment has been made immediately, but they were large companies such as Parcelforce.

To file for up to £300 costs £30, then it increases to £50, £80, or £120 up to £5000.

You can do it online also. Any further advice contact me. Martin

Social source share

It's only two people that have missing records in this thread ... hardly a case for 'class action'.

Not sure why you're sticking up for such behaviour, but it's 2 people without any records whatsoever months after they've paid and he's acknowledged payment, crap grading for Kirsty's record (and then no reply when she complained), those that have received their records admit he took ages to send them and only did so after several reminders, Ian (from NZ) sent a record to him on trust 14 months ago and is owed £500 (if nothing else how can you possibly defend that?) and now he doesn't reply to emails and Chalky seems to recall a similar thread about the guy in relation to his previous dealings. And to top it all off, we know he's been recently posting elsewhere and logged on here, so he's clearly aware of the thread. Where's the apology, recompense and/or an explanation. I suggest you stop sticking up for people who are shafting people that are regular posters on here and whom we know are kosher. Are you some sort of rip-off apologist? If he came on here right now, apologised and agreed to pay everyone immediately then I'm sure people would accept that through gritted teeth. Anyone can have problems on the odd transaction with the odd delay here and there, but there are too many on here (even from those who have received their records). Owing £500 for 14 months without communicating (and whilst still selling records to other people) really is unacceptable and underhand.

And if anyone has his e-bay ID, I'd like to take a note of it to swerve his auctions. If anyone is minded to issue legal proceedings, then let me know as I'll help you fill everything in. It really is very simple and as Martin says, can be done online now.

Rich

Social source share

And if anyone has his e-bay ID, I'd like to take a note of it to swerve his auctions. If anyone is minded to issue legal proceedings, then let me know as I'll help you fill everything in. It really is very simple and as Martin says, can be done online now.

Rich

unfortunately that's all i got from ebay members search:

"The email address ian@burt5298.freeserve.co.uk is used by a valid eBay member with a feedback score of 192 (95.7% positive). We have not found a transaction between you and this member in the last 60 days. For privacy purposes, it is eBay's policy that User IDs are not revealed to members who are not involved in current or recent transactions with each other. "

and thanks to all of you for keeping this thread going, good to see that i'm not the only one who got stung... :yes:

BTW, he took "only" 60 quid from me. @ soulgirl, maybe you can send me that amount if you think what ian did isn't really worth talking about?

Social source share

Benji, I didn't say it wasn't worth talking about... far from it. I just don't think public floggings are professional or appropriate especially with the derogatory remarks seemingly made in jest.

Are you some sort of rip-off apologist?

Haha... no, not at all but if it were me I would just get on and fill out a small claim and get on with it rather than drag it out in this way :yes: The thread reads in a riotous and gang-like way, that's all.

I mean, what on earth did that ebay link misunderstanding have to do with non-arrival of money or records? Or the argos chair quip? Not everyone understands how computers or the internet work.

Social source share

Not everyone understands how computers or the internet work.

...and not everyone turns to using threats of physical violence even though they are being offered explanations to what they don't understand.

It's unfortunate that some people on the scene takes advantage of other members good faith, the £500 scam is really serious I reckon. And I'm afraid this is the only way to deal with it, all people who been ripped of by Ian here gave him numerous chances to do good.

Another ugly fish is Phil Dick, he scammed me and two other swedes off our money never received anything other than numerous threats of physical violence and death who would together with the mail fraud definitely qualify as an serious crime.

Social source share

...and not everyone turns to using threats of physical violence even though they are being offered explanations to what they don't understand.

It's unfortunate that some people on the scene takes advantage of other members good faith, the £500 scam is really serious I reckon. And I'm afraid this is the only way to deal with it, all people who been ripped of by Ian here gave him numerous chances to do good.

Another ugly fish is Phil Dick, he scammed me and two other swedes off our money never received anything other than numerous threats of physical violence and death who would together with the mail fraud definitely qualify as an serious crime.

Karl

I am sorry that you've had this experience.

The Ian guy, the subject of this thread, seems to have numerous issues, and I am all in favour of naming and shaming those that don't treat their customers with respect, or send records or payment when they've entered into a sale. Naming these goons is a public service that helps prevent others falling into the same trap.

Social source share

Karl's right.

Also, you have a good chance of getting an apology out of Phil Dick because he can be found in the freebasing room on the Conspiracies thread, and is now a born again Christian who will undoubtedly confess to any sins. Go for it.

Social source share

Karl's right.

Also, you have a good chance of getting an apology out of Phil Dick because he can be found in the freebasing room on the Conspiracies thread, and is now a born again Christian who will undoubtedly confess to any sins. Go for it.

Hehe an apology would be nice, even nicer the £75 he stole from me. I was a very young guy at the time, inbetween school and university working part time with kids in pre-school, and that money was probably half months wages.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Benji, I didn't say it wasn't worth talking about... far from it. I just don't think public floggings are professional or appropriate especially with the derogatory remarks seemingly made in jest.

Haha... no, not at all but if it were me I would just get on and fill out a small claim and get on with it rather than drag it out in this way smile.gif The thread reads in a riotous and gang-like way, that's all.

I mean, what on earth did that ebay link misunderstanding have to do with non-arrival of money or records? Or the argos chair quip? Not everyone understands how computers or the internet work.

some people can't even count can they soulgirl ? if you actually read this thread carefully you will see there are more than two people who are owed records or money. if you cant say anything sensible then say nothing because you are making a complete fool of yourself the more you type, and im not the only one who can see it.

Social source share

I don't believe I'm making a fool out of myself at all - how many do you make it then, 3, 4? And now you can 'see' for everyone else too? You're the one behaving foolishly talking about class actions! A bit overkill if you ask me wink.gif

Social source share

I don't believe I'm making a fool out of myself at all - how many do you make it then, 3, 4? And now you can 'see' for everyone else too? You're the one behaving foolishly talking about class actions! A bit overkill if you ask me wink.gif

So it's now OK not to send records that have been paid for? Not to send money for records you've received? To constantly have to be chased up?

OK I understand the rules now..... whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Regarding your comment : A bit overkill if you ask me :wicked:

No one is asking you, are they, and that's the problem, isn't it. You have nothing constructive or worthwhile to offer, which is why you are offended by those of us who have.

I am glad you brought yourself to my attention though so that I can instantly dismiss any future postings of yours that I am unfortunate enough to come across.

Don't bother replying please, I think I can say that those of us taking this issue seriously have had enough of you already.

Social source share

As far as I can tell Martin, you're just poking your nose in too as it hasn't directly affected you either. This is a discussion forum which I am entitled to join in with if I interpret the word discussion correctly. My original post here was to try and calm people down; yours was to stir up a hornets nest.

Social source share

thought it's finally time to warn you guys not to buy from this bloke:

IAN BURT

13 SHAKESPEARE AVENUE

TAUNTON

SOMERSET

TA1 2HY

email: ian@burt5298.freeserve.co.uk

soul source ID: soul stormers

ordered two discs from him in december 06, sent him the money cash, he confirmed receipt and that's about it, no discs ever arrived!

since then only lame excuses and despite me asking him several times he failed to send me any proof of posting the discs (i paid for insured post).

all e-mails since feb 6 remain unanswered so i finally give up and make it public not to deal with that bloke.

I was trying to do some business with Mr. Bert a while ago. He told me he was selling up his collection. But his comunication was very vague and the record that I wanted had been sold. I was very wary because he was so vague, and decided I wasn't interested in dealing with him. A wise move me thinks. Especially as I saw him advertising for big ticket items in the wants section not long after. And play lists he put on here, thought he was selling up?? no.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert