Record Shack

Oldman

hi - just wondered if you guys have dealings with record shack- Austria 

I ordered Mary wells love letters from there on the 10th nov from them but never recieved it 

my order status on the web site says cancelled but payment was taken and no refund recieved 

had no answer to numerous emails

Social source share

Well, I ordered a copy of the House Bros (Shake) from them, as they had 1 copy left on there site, for €35 I think it was, that was about 2 months back. They took the money via my PayPal and sent me an order number to my email. I waited for a couple of weeks and I hadn’t heard anything, so I sent several emails over the 3rd week without any response at all, although they still had a copy of the record I ordered but the price had suddenly jumped up to €275, in the end I had to put in a claim with PayPal and I finally had the case closed in my favour, but good luck in getting them to answer you, as I fear you might have to do what I did, assuming that you paid via PayPal.

Social source share

47 minutes ago, Joesoul1958 said:

Well, I ordered a copy of the House Bros (Shake) from them, as they had 1 copy left on there site, for €35 I think it was, that was about 2 months back. They took the money via my PayPal and sent me an order number to my email. I waited for a couple of weeks and I hadn’t heard anything, so I sent several emails over the 3rd week without any response at all, although they still had a copy of the record I ordered but the price had suddenly jumped up to €275, in the end I had to put in a claim with PayPal and I finally had the case closed in my favour, but good luck in getting them to answer you, as I fear you might have to do what I did, assuming that you paid via PayPal.

thanks for info - unfortunately paid direct with debit card so looks like I'll be out of pocket

Social source share

2 hours ago, Jim Elliott said:

Unfortunately I had to escalate things quite markedly to get a, a response and b, eventually the records.

Never again.

The Guy is a waste of space, never answers an Email, and the communication is none existent. If this guy is supposed to be running a reputable business, god help us.

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Louise said:

For the life of me reading the above i can't understand why anybody would buy products produced and release by UK based labels from a seller out side of the UK  ??? Wouldn't it be simpler, cheaper and quicker to go direct to the UK label, food for thought for future purchases me thinks buyers.

Dave

quite right - but sold out at all uk retailers by the time I wanted one 

Social source share

4 hours ago, Oldman said:

quite right - but sold out at all uk retailers by the time I wanted one 

Just a thought, are the records purchased wholesale by overseas dealers aimed at expanding the interest in the music in that part of the world , wherever that is , or for a profit ?

Or for feeding the already converted in those countries ? 

Most new sounds have a very limited press , say 300 copies maybe 500 , so can someone please explain why this situation keeps on happening , surely these foreign dealers know their market .

I recently purchased a very popular tune with picture sleeve , sold out months ago in the UK , repressed in red ,  original sells for £50 + but original copy only 17.99 euros plus tax and postage still reasonable, so why sell them to overseas dealers in the first place if limited and the market surely is the UK or am I overthinking it .

Edited by Happy Feet
Social source share

On 17/12/2022 at 21:32, Happy Feet said:

so why sell them to overseas dealers in the first place if limited and the market surely is the UK or am I overthinking it .

I wonder what your reaction would be like the next time you try to order a limited press 45 from say the US and they cancel your order saying they only say to US because that's their market...

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

I wonder what your reaction would be like the next time you try to order a limited press 45 from say the US and they cancel your order saying they only say to US because that's their market...

I didn't say that, I said a UK release going abroad only to be purchased and sent back to the UK which is what the original poster was eluding too . 

Social source share

No apology needed Benji, I was trying to understand why do these foreign dealers purchase these limited releases , is it to make a profit when the demand rises and become scarce back in the UK or to feed the demand in their country , as it seems to be the norm that a quite a lot end up coming back to the UK , no prejudice intended or meant just an observation.

As for the 17.99. euro, picture sleeve , that the original sells for over £50. now in the UK , that turned out to be the cheaper red vinyl with no picture sleeve, re-release , via discogs but sold as Ist release and described as so , so now have 2 red ones if anybody looking for a copy , I did think it was to good too  be true and looking at the sales history,  so did a few others . 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!