Carvers

Dave West

Hi Dave . Timmion used to do 7’’ acetates so might be worth contacting them . 
‘Carvers’ often now called ‘dub plates’ but the perceived market seems to be 10” or 12” rather than 7” . 

Might be worth you trying 

https://www.cuttinggrooves.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA99ybBhD9ARIsALvZavUilkEijUwX3TMX0lotfCY999RD8uICS_6uVlI2Q0g0__kauDf7o-IaAkfCEALw_wcB

Social source share

16 minutes ago, Simon T said:

Perhaps a previous owner recorder it?

Maybe it was once on an auction site with a sound file?

If the previous owner recorded it, I doubt they'd have sat on it for close to 10 years. Anyway, to get a decent carver you need a high quality soundfile, not just a bog standard mp3. I sent the carver company a high quality file, and in terms of sound quality, the 'dodgy' carver sounds the same as mine.

I can't prove anything, of course, but really do believe the file I sent is the source.

Social source share

5 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

If the previous owner recorded it, I doubt they'd have sat on it for close to 10 years. Anyway, to get a decent carver you need a high quality soundfile, not just a bog standard mp3. I sent the carver company a high quality file, annod in terms of sound quality, the 'dodgy' carver sounds the same as mine.

I can't prove anything, of course, but really do believe the file I sent is the source.

where can we hear this top northern soul offering?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!