Opinions Please - What Would You Do

Pete S

The scenario is, bought 3 job lots of 60 x 45's. Described as vg- to vg+, mostly vg. I;d say 10% are vg and above, the rest are fair/good, I mean disgusting, dirty, look like they came out of a skip.

Complained and the bloke says send them back for refund. However, I have to pay for them to be returned and it will be about 60 quid.

Why should I be out of pocket when goods have been described incorrectly? If I go to paypal they will contact him and he will tell them he'll refund me when he receives the goods, but that still leaves me way out of pocket.

What I have done is asked him for a partial refund, and said I'm going to leave 3 lots of negative feedback if we can't come to a compromise, mainly to stop other people having the same stunt pulled on them.

Any comments/opinions/what to do?

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy BB

Individual or a trader Pete?

You can nail him in Small Claims under the Sale of Goods Act and the Distance Selling Regulations.

I use it all the time, always works with traders and when you quote it to Paypal complaints.

Either way if the goods are not fit for purpose, as described, he has an obligation to provide a returns note or to arrange to have the item collected unless you agree that he can reimburse you later.

Social source share

Individual or a trader Pete?

You can nail him in Small Claims under the Sale of Goods Act and the Distance Selling Regulations.

I use it all the time, always works with traders and when you quote it to Paypal complaints.

Either way if the goods are not fit for purpose, as described, he has an obligation to provide a returns note or to arrange to have the item collected unless you agree that he can reimburse you later.

Not if he is a US seller as I assume he is?

Social source share

problem - court wise - would be proving whether a record is g/vg/vg-/vg+ etc. what do those things mean, in a world of strict definitions? it would be a lawyer's wet dream (i know small claims doesn't need lawyers but you'd be there forever).

and anyway, he'd probably just say they were fine when he sent them.

i think what you've suggested is pretty fair pete.

Edited by Dan
Social source share

The scenario is, bought 3 job lots of 60 x 45's. Described as vg- to vg+, mostly vg. I;d say 10% are vg and above, the rest are fair/good, I mean disgusting, dirty, look like they came out of a skip.

Complained and the bloke says send them back for refund. However, I have to pay for them to be returned and it will be about 60 quid.

Why should I be out of pocket when goods have been described incorrectly? If I go to paypal they will contact him and he will tell them he'll refund me when he receives the goods, but that still leaves me way out of pocket.

What I have done is asked him for a partial refund, and said I'm going to leave 3 lots of negative feedback if we can't come to a compromise, mainly to stop other people having the same stunt pulled on them.

Hi Pete

Have every sympathy with you, but you should know after all these years when buying these job lots you have to take a chance. 80% will work in your favour, 20% don't. But push him hard for splitting the difference with the return shipping

Dave

Social source share

HAPPENED TO ME A FEW TIMES AND I HAVE USED THE PAYPAL RESOLUTION APPROACH,SALE OF GOODS DOES NOT COVER THIS ON US TRANSACTIONS,ID GET TALKING TO HIM AND TRY TO FIND AN AMICABLE SOLUTION,IF HE IS A REPUTED DEALER YOU MAY GET WAHT YOUR AFTER ,IF NOT THEN YOU COULD BE IN FOR A ROUGH RIDE.

I THINK THERE IS ALWAYS A ELEMENT OF RISK RE PACKS OF RECORDS ,THERE USUALLY DO NOT MEET THE PURCHASERS EXPECTATIONS,AND THE SKIP SCENARIO MIGHT NOT BE FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

GOOD LUCK

BAZ A.

Social source share

they wouldnt be off an ex pat that lives in the l.a area would they pete :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert