JMAuction - 09/11/2022 - Results!

Zanetti

Ambers on New Art prime example for the recent collector's interest in downtempo/sweet soul/lowrider soul. Copies floating around at 15-20 for ages. Then suddenly price goes through the roof. Check out Discogs sales history. It illustrates it quite nicely, below 100 up to end of 2020. Then woosh up to 300 within 8 months.

I once had the Topper label complete. Both takes of Priscilla Page, although not at the same time. Sold them all in the early 2k's, didn't see any point of keeping them back then. Shrewd businessman I am I sold both Tobi Lark 45s at 75 each to benefit from the rising demand.

Social source share

Irma Franklin is a bit like Maxine Brown - Let me give you my lovin. Countless copies floating around for ages. And then suddenly, like if there was a secret Rare Soul Committee deciding this is a rare record, all copies disappearing and prices soaring.

10 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Come on - own up - how many years ago? :lol:

I paid 15 or 20 each for both Tobi Lark 45s on Topper in the mid/late 90s. Back then the hardest on Topper was the Decisions. And it isn't even a Soul 45.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!