Record shops new york

Soulmark

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

where in New York, Manhatten Island? go to downstairs in Generation Records, they were good when I was there.

Also on a Sat you get junk or thrift fairs in between blocks, I visited a few and everything was 10 cents! got loads of Millie Jackson and Spring 45's... was worth wading through... allot of stores I thought were over the top price wise, some were just rude to be honest, if you have the time I'd travel across to Jersey and Newark...

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

I thought Manhattan was a dead loss when we were there in Sept, Brooklyn however was awash with records, spent hours in Human Head in Williamsburg which is easily accessible on the subway, 5 mins walk from Montrose Avenue stn which is 10 mins on the subway from 14th/Union Square stn on Manhattan. The guy that runs it is really friendly and the prices are good, $2-5 for records that sell for £15-20 over here for example.

Many of the Manhattan ones are closed down since lockdown, I spent ages looking for a jazz one I wanted to go to only to find it was a building site, so make sure they’re open before you venture anywhere, Human Head def is, 7 days a week,

cheers Sutty

Edited by Sutty
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 13/11/2022 at 13:20, Biggordy said:

I was in A1 Records in the East Village a few years ago.  Nothing rare but picked up a nice pile of cheapies for $2 to $5 each that often sell for $5 to $20 elsewhere. 

I was in A1, gone drastically downhill now unless you want a VG Phil Collins LP for $15 …

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert