Pointer Sisters - Send him back

Julianb

Help needed please.

I have a stock copy with A-23115-2 ( I would say heavily scratched) in the deadwax  BUT I can't see any other markings although the deadwax does have a few bubbles in it. 10mm deadwax width.

Mr Manship states that the originals have A-23115-2  and also  AT with an S and CR in the deadwax and the bootlegs have A-23116 - SP

I'm a bit confused to say the least!

Social source share

There have been a few threads here over the years. Most folks have said that all originals have the AT and SRC, although that may have relied on JM's guidance rather than on independent knowledge. A few people have reported that there's a Monarch pressing, but that would have an MR stamp and MO on the label. I saw you'd asked about this a while back and someone said that there are six original variations.

This thread looks most relevant to your copy:

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Ephraim said:

There have been a few threads here over the years. Most folks have said that all originals have the AT and SRC, although that may have relied on JM's guidance rather than on independent knowledge. A few people have reported that there's a Monarch pressing, but that would have an MR stamp and MO on the label. I saw you'd asked about this a while back and someone said that there are six original variations.

This thread looks most relevant to your copy:

Yes 3 pressing plants involved for the Pointer Sisters 'Send him back' ; Speciality (SP), Monarch (MO) & Plastics (PL). All in all 6 original variations for both promos & stockers.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Yes 3 pressing plants involved for the Pointer Sisters 'Send him back' ; Speciality (SP), Monarch (MO) & Plastics (PL). All in all 6 original variations for both promos & stockers.

Has anyone got a scan of the PL pressed issue/stock? Don't think I've ever seen one.   The others are here:

PS.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!