Dave Hulmes RIP

I became mates with Dave from the age of about 14 , 1st met him at Locarno 77-78 . My 1st trip to Wigan was with Dave and Steve and he later introduced me to lot's of newer stuff in the early 80's . I dj'd for him recently at calf heath to raise funds for the burns unit after his accident with a petrol can . I will miss him and his stories an awful lot

Edited by Martin Shaw
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Great Guy ,glad I had the chance to speak with him and we rolled back the years. The right people are always in your thoughts.and although we all go our separate ways in life.The memories spent with him ,was nothing more than to darn soulful..and mostly me laughing so much my stomach would hurt...As a certain person used to say time's Guy.. Your friend Paul..

• Up vote 1
Social source share

i’d known David over 20 years I suppose a lot less than most, but we had a close bond from the start. shared many a night out and a few in forthat matter.  Lots  of laughs, and shared our ups and downs. He told me he always felt better and good about myself in my company. but the truth is it was quite the opposite. He may have left us but i will love him forever. He will not be forgotten as his bought so many into the soulful house scene with his unique taste music and the great mixes he made as 21st Century Soul. that cheeky smile will stay with me till the day i die. till we meet again 💔

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 04/09/2022 at 05:10, Bean Head said:

Great Guy ,glad I had the chance to speak with him and we rolled back the years. The right people are always in your thoughts.and although we all go our separate ways in life.The memories spent with him ,was nothing more than to darn soulful..and mostly me laughing so much my stomach would hurt...As a certain person used to say time's Guy.. Your friend Paul..

We had some great times back then Paul 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Martin some of the best days of my life spent with certain people.and you was one of them.grest people. .Steve Morgan Ozzie John Barbara Denise , Pete jones Dawn crispy Dawn.the old school from wombourne.and spud from Leicester Vernon, Simon, Harpo Jenny Mack pit, Ronnie my bestie bod, Elaine fish ,mouse Lainey.wags and lovely girl at that time . Tina,trussa . Pete Smith immaculate.Asa .the West Bromwich lot Stan Angie ginger lin my cous Andy.wish i could do it all over again.. ..

Edited by Bean Head
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!