Nottingham Soul Shop

hi i am visiting notts for a few days and seem to remember an advert for a shop here called "stars and stripes" but cant seem to find any info on it, can any body help

is it still here? and if so anybod got a adress and contact number

any help appreciated

ta

c whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi i am visiting notts for a few days and seem to remember an advert for a shop here called "stars and stripes" but cant seem to find any info on it, can any body help

any help appreciated

ta

c whistling.gif

Now then

It is Stars abd Stripes. It's at Hucknall - about five miles out of the city. It's Dave Raistricks shop from Skeg. Have a look on his website for number - Stars and Stripes. It's opening hours are very limited.

:rolleyes:

Social source share

any help appreciated

ta

c whistling.gif

hi.yeah the shop is in hucknall nottingham but its only open friday and saturdays.its owned by dave raistrick.can give you details if you want.there is also rob smiths record shop bang in the town center.thats at hurts yard off parliament street

Social source share

hi.yeah the shop is in hucknall nottingham but its only open friday and saturdays.its owned by dave raistrick.can give you details if you want.there is also rob smiths record shop bang in the town center.thats at hurts yard off parliament street

Robs shop is very difficult to find tho' or maybe that was just me but even locals didn't seem to know Hurts Yard :rolleyes:

Social source share

thanks for all the help, ive visited robs before but never seem to find anything special there, maybe ill have to look a little harder this time, well it is chaotic to say the least,

good stuff

Social source share

Your joking Dave - it's in the city centre afterall? :rolleyes:

lol Well i did say maybe it's me ! :thumbup:

I'd left the map at the office I was visiting but thought I knew roughly where it was, couldn't find it & asked 2 or 3 people, popped into a sweetie shop, everyone had heard of it but couldn't direct me (maybe it was the London accent ? :wicked::thumbsup: ) eventually stumbled upon it by accident :thumbup:

Social source share

Robs shop is very difficult to find tho' or maybe that was just me but even locals didn't seem to know Hurts Yard :thumbsup:

Rob, himself is hard to find in his shop.

If you go to Slab sqaure in the centre of Notts look for Yates wine bar , Hurts yard is about 50yds past the wine bar up a little dingey alley on the left

Social source share

Rob, himself is hard to find in his shop.

If you go to Slab sqaure in the centre of Notts look for Yates wine bar , Hurts yard is about 50yds past the wine bar up a little dingey alley on the left

Slab Bloody Square! Do you know how much the local authority has wasted on the new look square. Those bloody slabs are expensive pieces of imported Chinese stone!!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest GazArcher

Its no use searching for what you want at Robs the place is packed with boxes and boxes then bags and then more boxes..........! If there is something special you are looking for give Rob a list then watch him go... its an amazing sight... he can sniff out a record like a ferret after a rabbit.

He's never let me down when i've been in there for something, even when he attends gigs he brings quite a selection and again knows whats there and where. If he ain't got it he will look out for it and won't rip you off.

Hope this helps

KTF

GazArcher

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert