Hayes Cotton On Ebay

ShorterSoul

https://cgi.ebay.com/HAYES-COTTON-Ill-be-Wa...tem270089506712

https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php...nr=200001508536

Anyone confirm whether this is a legit copy, I've compared it with the scan on popsike and the label colour is very different. The seller also has a Dickie Wonder for sale, the typeface on this one doesn't look quite right to me.

Thanks

Jon

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone confirm whether this is a legit copy, I've compared it with the scan on popsike and the label colour is very different. The seller also has a Dickie Wonder for sale, the typeface on this one doesn't look quite right to me.

Thanks

Jon

On the Dickie Wonder there are loads of differences from the one I have a photo of, for a start, the publishers have changed, though it looks like this one isn't a Cemeo Parkway distributed copy so that may be why. I really fancy that one but I'm just not sure about it.

Social source share

Thanks

Jon

Not got a clue,but cool record........i would pay £10 on the off chance!!

Social source share

No I just bid 100 for first bid, I don't usually bid til 5 seconds before the end but this time I want to see who's out there and willing to have a go

If ya`win it,maybe you can sell it half price :rolleyes: i do hope its not "moody" :thumbsup:

Social source share

He picked up a load of 45's on his last trip to the US from a radio dj. He posted a list of stuff on here a few days ago.

Definately a guy to be trusted 100%

Derek

Social source share

Thanks

Jon

We've got the acetate of the hayes cotton.....2 awesome sides

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Well, It looks like he has two copies because i woke up this morning to see a buy it now for £415. I hate when that happens, just hope its not some fake look a like :thumbup:

Social source share

Well, It looks like he has two copies because i woke up this morning to see a buy it now for £415. I hate when that happens, just hope its not some fake look a like :rolleyes:

Like i said on another thread,bet he as another 50 copys and i`m holding out for a demo :D for a tenner :thumbup:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Hayes Cottons a top tune used to spin it at the Capitol Soul Club

would always fill the floor Love plays funny things got a cool hammond rampaging through it as well.

Al Jolson i dont think so just a great hard edged Rhythm n Soul moover from LA :thumbup:

Al H

Social source share

AWOOGA! AWOOGA! AWOOGA!

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

I've also received a second chance offer on this 45.

Bet he's got a f*cking box full....

Makes you wonder about the winner dont it,if it was me i would be slightly fukced off if there was a winner or just a mate maybe,you lucky winner you and now i`m selling my others for less.......out of order :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

AWOOGA! AWOOGA! AWOOGA!

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

I've also received a second chance offer on this 45.

Bet he's got a f*cking box full....

how much did he offer you it for, and is the offer still there for the 45, that will mean he has 3 or more fuckin copies, i hate people like that, just plain greedy, how much does it book at anyway.

Social source share

how much did he offer you it for, and is the offer still there for the 45, that will mean he has 3 or more fuckin copies, i hate people like that, just plain greedy, how much does it book at anyway.

Books at £300

I was the third highest bidder... but that was on "1 copy"

He offered it to me for my highest bid, which I declined stating that as he had multiples, i'd rather bid on one.

First offer he sent stated he had 2 copies (which I missed in the small print), when I queried why he had made me a second chance offer he stated he had three copies. Hmmmm.

He didn't accept my lower offer of somewhere between my lowest bid and my highest bid (no one had made a bid inbetween the two) stating he'd offer it to one of the other high bidders...

Social source share

I put the Hayes Cotton and a few other rare things on eBay.

I just want to clear up a few things about the hysteria that has blown up over these records.

Firstly thanks to Gareth & Paul & Derek who vouched for me.

Yes I had 3 copies of Hayes Cotton.In fact I had extra copies of all these 4 rare Northern titles I listed up on eBay.It was my first time to list Northern on eBay so I thought I would test the water so to speak, with the records I had extra copies of,so I could get an idea of a realistic price and sell the extra copies set sale from my website or on a set sale list o

Soul Source. 

I prefer not to use auctions if I know what a record should sell for but as Northern is not my speciality and the price guides are hard to go by I figured I'd take the ebay route.

Seeing as Hayes Cotton sold for more than I expected.I offered the 2 extra copies I had to the 2 and 3rd highest bidders.

I do not have a box.If I had found a box I would have put them out for half the book price and then everyone could be happy.I have done this in the past when I have found 40 or 50 copies of 12's.

These records came along with a whole collection of 3000 45's from an R&B dj in the states.He is in his late 70's.He didn't have any records in his collection made after 1972.Many of the records had not been played.Some of the records were still in sealed mailing envelopes from the distributors.On my latest ebay auctions I have included a scan of some of the mailing envelopes to back this up and of course it is interesting for collectors to see.

I buy much of my stock from dj's in the US who were active "back in the day" and it is not unusual for people to have 3,4,5, copies of the same record.Often dj's would get records sent to them directly and also get records from the station where they work.They would also go down to the distributor and 

ick up records.

Sometimes it is a case of the label owner or artist giving a DJ half a dozen copies of a record and saying hand these out to the guys at the station.Many times dj's also do some promotions work on the side.

So it is not unusual for me to find more than one copy of records in one collection.

I think the fact that I had 3 does not make this suddenly a common record.There is only one copy on popsike and once these 3 are gone it will most likely be a while before it co

es up for sale again.

I have sold 40+ copies of certain rare 12's and they are still very hard records to find because they are firmly in pe

ple's collections and don't come up for sale.

Nick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert